Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

glowing glass sculpture carved tiki!!!! 2-14 Vase on Auction

Pages: 1 21 replies

C

Aloha!!
I am an infrequent poster due to the fact that I am often stepping into different modes with ideas and inspirations.
I have shown a few of my tiki creations here and I finally have some new works to show!!
In the past I have integrated tiki into vases and glassware and I got an itch to make some new stuff!

These are sandblasted and LED lit glass carvings. Original designs by me, Kyle Hunter Goodwin of Hunter Glass & Design.
The designs are drawn, cut and sandblasted/carved by hand. The bases are custom made and the lights are installed and colors added to give that extra "pop" to the designs. I do every aspect myself.
'A'A Mo'I, "The LAVA KING" is a labor intensive, 12" piece that pictures do not do justice! Totally unique, totally cool! Looks awesome lighting up your room! Tons of details and textures. I have developed very unique ways to get fantastic details in glass. Check out my site to see some of my other stuff! http://www.HunterGlass.com
This piece is powered by a 12V wall plug.
LittleTiki is 7" tall and a simpler but still very attractive and fun little light. It is powered by a 9V battery.

Every piece is done by hand. If these are well received I'll be sure to make more, and of varying styles and types

I am available for custom works. Mirrors for your home/bar, business, anything!!

[ Edited by: cherokee 2009-01-24 19:01 ]

[ Edited by: cherokee 2009-01-24 19:13 ]

[ Edited by: cherokee 2009-01-26 17:08 ]

[ Edited by: cherokee 2009-02-14 15:23 ]

C

The pictures...

talent with a capital T.. really nice work!!

C

Many thanks, Tiki Cowboy!

wife and I are moving back to florida next month. I will look you up

I am relocating to the beautiful city of St. Augustine at the end of the month---opening a studio near downtown. If in the area--come on by!

Nice Work! ....went to your website and saw the T-Rex too.....wow.

C

Thanks for checking out the website.....The T-rex was fun to do, something different!

Nice work. Good luck in St. Augustine. Gainesville 2 St. Augustine that'll be quite a culture shock!

Spectacular high end work man.

C

Thanks again for the kind words!! I've started on some new Tiki designs for the next pieces.

St. Augustine will be a great change----I'll be back at the beach! YAA!!

B

Cherokee, I remember seeing your earlier posts which were really Great. This new piece is really Incredible with super detail. I visited your web site for the first time and was totally blown away. Excellent work man. I Really love the Octopus, your Gators/Croc's and the Squid. The Oceanic scenes are bright there too. Man I'm gonna have to visit your shop one day, I think you will fit perfectly in that group of artists stores.
Hope you don't mind me adding a few of your shots?

SWEET STUFF!

C

Benzart,
No, I don't mind at all that you added pics, I'm happy that my other stuff is enjoyed even if it isn't Tiki! (:
Thanks a lot for the appreciation and good words! I find out tomorrow if the city of St. Augustine is going to let me in the building I want without too much hassle (frikkin' codes!). But whatever the case, I'll be opening a studio over there, so if you're ever in the area, get in touch!

Kyle

C

Hi all!
My first 2 lit glass sculptures were very well received! In fact, the first two were snatched up within 3 days so, I've made some new ones...
I'm not going to do an EBay listing as it seems I spend money for no reason there, so, if anyone here has any interest, send me a note and I'll get you taken care of.
For your viewing we have...
at 7" tall, "Hypnotic Maka". Powered by a 9V battery----$40

at 7 1/2" tall, "Kepolo Pahu"--Devil Drummer. 9V battery power---$70
I believe he is sold, even before he was finished. I do plan to make a larger, more detailed sculpture of him.

at 12" tall, 3/8" thick, Puka 'ana Mo 'I..Sunset King. Not all colors are picked up in the photo. Powered by wall plug. $150
I hope you guys enjoy these guys!
Oh, I also plan to make some much larger pieces in the near future.

C

"Hypnotic Maka" is sold.
One left and a new one on the way!

that is some cool stuff

C

Thanks Stonetiki!

OK all, my personal favorite thus far....Kepolo Pahu--"Devil Drummer" in a larger version.
11" tall, 3/8" thick glass.
Custom glass base with purple/red paint job.
Tons of killer details, some don't show up in the pics.
LED lights have a custom color fade that shines up into the glass---yellow/red/purple.
Runs on a 12V wall plug.
Drawn, cut, sandblasted by hand.

I've got him and the Sunset King available and making some more of the smaller ones. A bunch of these have gone out so if you're diggin' one of these, get in touch.
I won't be doing an EBay auction.
Oh, the lights wash out the lower part of the design--only in pictures. He's holding a drum and his hands and feet are nicely carved.

[ Edited by: cherokee 2009-01-26 17:16 ]

K
KuKu posted on Tue, Jan 27, 2009 1:13 AM

Great work cherokee! LOVELOVELOVE the designs, would you mind if I copy an image to show my tattoo artist for my next tat...?

B

More Awesome stuff, I Love how you get the dimensional depthout of a skinny piece of glass.

WOW! Kepolo Pahu just sold for $200. It's really great that these are being appreciated for the works they are!
I have one piece without a home at the moment.

C

I've got this guy left---Puka'ana Mo'I---Sunset King.
I'm trying to get my new workshop set up so any sales are a huge help!
I'll be making more carved pieces but probably not real soon, so if you want the last available piece, get in touch. Thanks!
He's 12" tall, 3/8" thick glass. Loads of cool details and the colors from the lights look way better in person.

C

Trying to sell a few pieces that I've had in boxes or elsewhere.
Got this running for a few days....
One of a kind glass vase..."the Tribe".
I'm relocating my studio and every penny helps me to get up and running so I can start making new stuff!
I hope you guys like it and it sells at a great price--HA!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360131855569

Pages: 1 21 replies