Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Enchanted Tiki Room Fountain

Pages: 1 12 replies

FOUNTAINS! FOUNTAINS! FOUNTAINS! Just picked up one yesterday at the park. What a great birthday gift! And I got in free too! They had 4 that came in that morning. Bought mine around 10am. Don't know how many they had at the end of the day? Its even signed on the bottom! Just thought I would throw that info out there since i know they are so sought after. ALOHA!

Well that's great news. I just have bad timing. When I was there about a week ago at the Adventureland gift shop, they told me all they had left was their display one. And that was after they made two phone calls to check on their inventory. Maybe next time.

N

So I called to order one of these via DeliverEars late last week....and shipping was going to be $91.00!!! Yikes! Would anyone be willing to hit DL soon, If I provided the $$ up front? Please message/e-mail me privately--

deetman AT natca DOT net

Thanks!

Scott

A

Yikes! That's a lot of money for shipping. At the same time, this comes in a HUGE box and it is HEAVY. If someone payed me $100 to carry this HUGE box from Disneyland to my car (it would take 2 people to carry this), I'm afraid I would say No. So, at under $100 for shipping delivered to your front door actually seems reasonable, I'm sorry to say.

A

Yikes! Just noticed something else. You live in Florida! So once you convince 2 people to carry this huge box out of Disneyland for you, then they would have to ship it to Florida? I'm honestly not trying to pick on you. I'm just trying to make you see that it would be way easier for you to have Disney ship it to you for under $100. :(

TS

It seems funny to me, having been to the event that released these "Limited Edition of 500" fountains, that they STILL have fountains available for sale.

I was put on "the list" to receive a fountain, once they were to arrive in stock @ Delivears, and that is how I acquired mine. I also know, that about 125 people behind me was the 500 mark for the fountain list, I watched the Cast member close the list, and even heard some "boos" from the people who were waiting behind her cutoff point.
Now, I also know there were two batches of fountains delivered to the Park according to Delivears....one shipment had approximately 225 fountains, and the second shipment came appoximately 2 weeks later and had roughly the same,(supposevely).

I am thinking Disney pulled a fast one, after seeing how well the fountains were going to sell, and with the great demand it sparked. I think they made well over 500 fountains, aside from the 50 or so extra replacement fountains they automatically produce in case of broken, or non-functioning fountains. I'm thinking that there was probably closer to 1,000 made, based on supply and demand theory. If that could be proved(by the current fountain brown boxes, which have edition/container numbers printed on them), then Disney "False Advertised" the whole LE500 thing.
I also noticed that Disney no longer individually numbers their LE collectibles, aside from the art serigraphs/prints. Coincedence? I think not.
It's just another loophole for Disney to sell over the claimed edition size.

It seems the old adage remains true...when the cat is away, the MOUSE will play...

F
Fate posted on Thu, Mar 5, 2009 4:51 PM

I was lucky enough to get one of these Tuesday night at Disneyland. Actually got there and they said they were out. Girl went to check and said DEFINATELY out.
Then later, a guy there said "do you want me to check again?"
I said "sure if you want."
I guess he knew he had seen one and he came out with one.
I need to correct people here. Im an average height and strength guy and
These are NOT that big and NOT that heavy. Not as big as teh big fig boxes nor as heavy. I carried this in a big bag they made for it along with another bag of merch I had to the tram and then all the way across the lot to my car. Ive had WAY harder time buying Olszewski disneyland pieces carrying those to my car.

I for one would be OVERJOYED to get one and carry it to my car for 100 bucks!!!! ha ha

I havent opened it yet but am wondering if anyone figured out a solution to the problem with the weak fountain pump in the system I remember reading about. Im assuming this one is the same as the others. Was there a "work around" that people came up with. I am not usually on this site so if there was, I missed it.

any suggestions?

TS

Atomobile

F
Fate posted on Sat, Mar 7, 2009 1:48 PM

for the record and anyones curiosity,
The box for the Tiki Fountain is 21" X 12" X 12" and weighs about 13 pounds.
Not that big and not that heavy. 100 for shipping is probably cause Disneydelivears typically ONLY ships UPS second day which
isnt cheap. I go out of my way to NOT order from them due to the extra charge.

Now does any owner of these know any fix for the weak "dribbling" fountain reality. I KNOW this
was an issue with MOST of these fountains cause I remember reading everyone on the web complaining about it.
Mine does the same thing. Barely pushes water out of the fountain spigots. I know someone that bought 3 of these
on ebay and they ALL did the same thing. Very lame.

Anyone know of a fix? can a more powerful or more efficient pump that runs on the same power be possibly obtained?

Its so dissapointing to see the water just dribble out of the holes.

L
F
Fate posted on Sat, Mar 7, 2009 2:01 PM

thank you very much for that. I actually just did a search (new here) and found it right before you posted this.
But does that fix make the "pressure issue" better. I DO notice it seems to switch on and off without clapping too so maybe I could fix that
issue.

But what about the lack of pressure issue? Did anyone manage to get it to do more than a dribble?

again - very kind of you = thank you!!

D
Danno posted on Sat, Mar 7, 2009 3:46 PM

Tom Slick is 'da man! He helped me with the "dribbling" fountain issue. It's as easy as replacing the alkaline batteries with lithium disposable batteries that are made for digital cameras. Hope that works for ya!

F
Fate posted on Sat, Mar 7, 2009 4:00 PM

Well that thread is great he did with the instructions. When I have time I may attempt his fix.

I have figured out a couple things.

1. The kink in the tube (from packing or whatever) is having an effect on the water flow. When I put it in the
    tube, it seems the kink gets more folded somehow than when I put the motor in water without threading it through the bottom piece.
    Also, your battery idea sounds good. I tried to use my new "enloop" rechargeables that I really like - but they are just a tiny tiny bit
    thicker than regular purchased AA's so they fit too tightly in the battery holes in this. I can get them in but not sure Ill ever get them out
    if I do. Ill try to find the disposable lithium like you say.

Thanks to all.

I was going to offer to get anyone here a fountain and ship it cheaper than Dland does, but it seems they are really out now. I may have gotten the last.

Like I said, they even told me they were out and they were adamant about NOT selling the display, but then one guy found one in the back for me.

If they get them in again, I would be willing to go there if I can and get one.

Thanks everyone for advice!!

Pages: 1 12 replies