Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Hawaiiam montage

Pages: 1 7 replies

K

Made in Canada.
This is my dedication to the place I wish to be at most. Hawaii...

12 kinds of wood.
Acacia Koa (of course)
African blackwood
black and coconut palm
padauk
kingwood
sumac
pau amarello
wenge
pink ivory
zebra wood
redheart
...and the beach sand is from Waikiki ocean floor

M
mieko posted on Tue, Jan 13, 2009 3:45 PM

Wow, that is excellent! Are all the woods natural color, or did you use some stain? They look really natural, but the reds of the hibiscus are redder than I'd expect. How'd ya do it? I really like the palm trees, the way you used the grain on them looks great. It feels kinda like a puzzle - I want to number all the colors and guess the woods. :)

K

All natural wood color. No stain used. Only several coats of satin wiping varnish. The woods were chosen based on their color alone. Hibiscus is redheart. Tiki and outrigger...Acacia Koa. Honu...kingwood. Palm leaves...sumac. Palm trunk...coconut palm. Coconuts...black palm

B

Welcome Kolidra, I can see you pu a LOT of thought and planning into your piece and it had to be Loads of fun figuring everything out. Excellent use of the various woods for their color of their respectful items. Great job. It seems that this will give you many years worth of Tropical, Hawaiian dreams and thoughts. Keep up the goo work.

C

very inspired piece! All the different kinds of wood blend together perfectly, congrats!

S

Nice work. love all the diff wood and colors

A great concept and wonderful piece of art!

I agree with what was said previous... a lot of thought and work went into this piece.

Congrats... you should be proud!

Awesome!

Pages: 1 7 replies