Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Feb.7/Kiki's b-day/Purple Orchid/Insect Surfers

Pages: 1 2 51 replies

Hello to my TC friends - the ones I already know and the ones I'm about to! I'm hosting myself a little birthday gathering on Saturday, Feb. 7th at The Purple Orchid! The Insect Surfers are going to play! Hooray! I'm super excited and looking forward to a fabulous night! I hope some of my Tiki peeps will come on out and join me in celebrating. Just post here if you're coming so I can warn them. Time is still TBD, I will be going early and getting some food brought in. There will be a $5 cover charge to pay the band. More info to come.
X's and O's,
Kiki v.

Kiki party starts at 8:00
Cover charge ($5) starts at 9:30
Insect Surfers start at 10:00

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-01-14 18:40 ]

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-02-07 10:13 ]

P

Feb 7, Purple Orchid. In.

Dave and Rebecca have been working on some new drinks, too. I sampled one a few days ago and it was really good. Hopefully one or two of them will be ready for prime time by then.

Laura and I are so IN!!

Hi Scott! I'm so glad to hear you and Laura are coming! You know I met Dave from The Purple Orchid at your house, and talked to Insect Surfer Dave about playing, so that's where the whole thing got started. :) I was wondering if you know of a hotel nearby where I can reserve a room - not too expensive?

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-01-17 12:23 ]

P

The closest hotel to Purple Orchid is the Hacienda at Sepulveda and Mariposa.

http://www.haciendahotel.com/

A little farther away (a couple of blocks north) is a Travelodge that may be a little cheaper:

http://www.travelodge.com/Travelodge/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=09496&brandInfo=TL&cid=%EAid!

Awesome PiPhiRho! I will check those out! Thanks and see you there!

I'm there,
my fav band, at a tiki bar for a B-day party for a cool chick,
why would I not be.
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

:) Thanks BTD!

Wow great night to be had, unfortunately that falls on the same day I
go to the Winternationals drag races at Pomona.Its tradition my Dad and I
have been going since I was about 10years old.
Dave and Rebecca rock ! Have a great time and take lots of pics.

I would love to go also but will be at Pomona like 1961surf.

Hey Surf, look me up. I'll be driving this heap in exibition runs on sat. and sun. we are usually pitted at the end of the midway...

So anyone else? Love the Purple Orchid? Love the Insect Surfers? If you don't know me yet, all good, it's the weekend, not much else goin on, come on out for a fun evening and say hey!

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-01-23 08:41 ]

"I" to the "N" like Flynn

Hooray, Dave!

DUDE! You drive the Pisano Matsubara Vega Funny Car?!?!? I'm not worthy!

Can you guys post drag racing stuff somewhere else please?

vrooom vrooooom
ha ha.

hard to keep guys from talking about cars.\

On 2009-01-26 19:58, Kiki von Tiki wrote:
Can you guys post drag racing stuff somewhere else please?

I'm sorry Kiki! No harm intended. I got excited I might see someone from the board at the races. I hope you have a great B-day party and I really would be there (unless you hate me now, lol) if not doing the other deal. I was a member of the Insect Surfers for most of the 90's and sat in at Spermy's shin-dig and also played in the first band with Jon-paul.

Sorry!

There's no hate here, Don - just didn't want this to veer off the track (so to speak!) and become a thread about the races that day. I was at Spermy's too, so I heard you play! Too bad you can't get up to El Segundo later (Insect Surfers will play at 10pm) and join us for a birthday cocktail! See ya around town.

Hooray! It's almost the day! I'm looking forward to a great time at the Purple Orchid with the Insect Surfers!
Who's in:
PiPhiRho
Sperm Whale and Whale Rider
Big Tiki Dude
Dave's Not Home (+1?)

I think Tiki-Ray and Tiki Kiniki are comin' too.

I have to order food and let Dave know how many to expect - anyone else planning on coming? Of course you all can just show up but please come over and say hey, I'm looking forward to seeing you guys there!

T

On 2009-01-22 20:29, Kiki von Tiki wrote:
So anyone else? Love the Purple Orchid? Love the Insect Surfers? If you don't know me yet, all good, it's the weekend, not much else goin on, come on out for a fun evening and say hey!

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-01-23 08:41 ]

Hey Kiki von Tiki! We haven't met yet (although I'm sure we've seen you out at tiki events), but Manuel and I will be there (and then we'll meet!)

A Tiki Birthday and the Insect Surfers at the Purple Orchid? Too Cool!

Awesome, Tobunga! I will look for you guys there. There's a few pics of me thrown around here - one on this thread near the end:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=24889&forum=17&start=75

so what kind of grub will be on hand.

I usually go to a pizza joint about 100 yards away before the shows at
Purple Orchid.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I'm just bringing in some appetizers for my guests - not enough for a dinner, tho' so I definitely recommend that you eat dinner beforehand.

0k thanks,

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Hey it's gonna be great times, see ya there....

CJ

I'm going to try and make it. I need to think of a way to introduce the idea to my girlfriend. She's a great and love going to tiki events but I don't want to over do it on her.

On 2009-01-21 15:30, Don Brewski wrote:
I would love to go also but will be at Pomona like 1961surf.

Hey Surf, look me up. I'll be driving this heap in exibition runs on sat. and sun. we are usually pitted at the end of the midway...

No sheet. I am friends with Sush's grandson, Dane. He's builing a car right now.

oops Sorry Kiki, my bad!

No worries Diablo~ sheesh you guys and your cars . . .
Hey coolies Hiphipahula, and (hopefully) Coco Joe, come say hi, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

can't wait.

Who's in:
PiPhiRho
Big Tiki Dude
Dave's Not Home (+1?)
Tiki-Ray and Tiki Kiniki
Tobunga and Manuel
Hiphipahula
Coco Joe +1 (maybe?)
I think TikiGeeki is comin' too. . .

And me and my posse! Whee!
Anyone else chime in. All welcome ~ come say hey and join the partay!

looks like her suits ready to fall off.
not like that's a bad thing right?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

In.

cool deal,
this is turning into a real party.
now if we could just talk Kirby and Polly into showing up.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Looking forward to seeing you guys!

PhiRho
Big Tiki Dude
Dave's Not Home (+1? Is Mrs. Dave coming too?)
Tiki-Ray and Tiki Kiniki
Tobunga and Manuel
Hiphipahula
Coco Joe +1 (maybe?)
And TikiGeeki is comin' too. . .
And Poly Pop +!! Yay!

I ordered a bunch of yummy appetizers, Spam Musubi, wontons, kalua lumpia, lahaina chicken. . .
Can't wait for a great cocktail. . .
And some slammin surf tunes by Insect Surfers!

T

Can we invite Polly without letting Kirby know ?Oh what the hell . Let him come too.

T

What time should we get there ?

Kiki party starts at 8:00
Cover charge ($5) starts at 9:30
Insect Surfers start at 10:00 (playing 3 sets)

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-02-07 10:15 ]

SoccerTiki and I didn't end up going out of town due to the weather. We will be at Purple Orchid tonight :) WooHoo! :)

YAY! Gonna drive threw the waves on the freeway dang this Rain! See ya there, Drive safely ok

T

Happy Birthday Kiki Von Tiki!!!

What a great evening! Hanging with TC Ohana is the best way to spend an evening! And the Insect Surfers put on an awesome show!

Did anyone else have the French Zombie? Now that was a cool (literally, smoking with dry ice!) drink!

Had to leave after the first set sos we could be all bright eyed and bushy tailed for Kona Brunch tomorrow morning!

See you there!

Happy B-day Kiki Von Tiki.
boy she looked like she was having a great time.
hope she's feeling ok this morning though.

ugh my head,
3 French Zombies
1 corona,
and 1/2 a pitcher of Karl Strauss beer over at the Pizza joint before the show,

Hangovers suck.
:(

Utilizing the newest innovations in tiki technology, I was able to obtain this Kerlian photographic image of my hangover this morning. This is the first such image ever obtained of a French Zombie induced hangover. I shall attempt to create a motion picture of the next such hangover, if I survive this one.

Thanks to everyone who came out for Kiki von Tiki's birthday party and the Insect Surfers show. Thank you to everyone I danced with and a special,heartfelt thank you to those I may have offended. You were the most fun of all!

I hope to see you all this Saturday at Thee Swank Bastards show!

Hey guys! Thanks for comin' out to my party and to see Insect Surfers! Wow, I had a superfantastic time -French Zombie (aka Le Bomb!) was yummy and dangerous. Yeah I got a teeny bit trashed and have a bit of a headache, only a couple of small blank spots in my memory, but no too bad, considering! Special thanks to Dave and Rebecca of Purple Orchid for being so accomodating and welcoming, and to the Insect Surfers for playing a rad rockin show.

[ Edited by: woohoowahine 2009-02-08 20:07 ]

T

Awesome party, Kiki... one of the best! Not a single thing could have been better. Well, there was spam sushi, but I was a trooper and gave it a try... not bad. But, overall... absolutely amazing time!

Hooray for Spam Musubi! Thanks for the pics Whoohoo. I'll post a few later that my friend George took.

Pages: 1 2 51 replies