Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Hilo Hattie at Block at Orange (CA) closed?

Pages: 1 6 replies

Is it true that Hilo Hattie at Block at Orange (CA)is closed? Checking out

http://www.hilohattie.com

There is no listing of the BatO store. The Hilo Hattie web page also is really bare bones and not what it use to be. I guess the economy is as bad as they say and Hilo Hatties is suffering because of it. I was at the Block of Orange last November ('08) and Hilo Hatties was still there. If it is closed, it must be recent.

Block of Orange must be suffering in the bad economy also. I know Ron Jons surfshop was going to close so Block of Orange must be turning to a ghost town.

It's scary to think of how many tiki places will close because of the bad economy.

I'm not sure about that one, but the San Diego location closed very suddenly a month or so ago. I never saw any announcements or anything, just stopped by one day and there was a sign on the door saying that location is no longer open.

M

Hilo Hattie's is hurting big time. They filed for chapter 11 back in October, and laid off a number of employees in December. I remember seeing that they may be closing a number of stores. Once they open their new store here in the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center in Waikiki, they will be closing their flagship store on Nimitz, down by the airport. Basically, they are putting all their money into the new store and hoping it will save them.

I bet their website is not actually "under construction", but most likely just shut down for a while.

Not sure if that's such a great idea....

That is very sad news.I have picked many cool things out of that location.
I wonder how I can get a hold of the corporate office .I will do some
ground work about this and get back

They disappeared from Vegas, too!

P

Well, not sure if anyone is keeping up with this thread, but the Royal Hawaiian move has been canceled. http://boston.bizjournals.com/boston/othercities/pacific/stories/2009/01/26/story1.html?b=1232946000^1766787&t=printable

Also, I heard they let go all the online staff as well.... signs of things to come?

poiDog

C

I drove up to the Block At Orange in late January and yes Hilo Hattie was gone sigh

Pages: 1 6 replies