Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tikis in 60's Adult Magazine

Pages: 1 13 replies

Aloha...Recently found this magazine at a swap meet...I have seen a few others but this one Mrs. Fury spotted. Issue is mostly about Hawaii with info on the Islands, Duke and surfing, Wahines with and without Tikis, and tropical drinks...enjoy...

International Market Place

Watch out behind you!

We saw these in Moorea...but not Hawaii...

Bottoms up....Hope I put that under the right pic....

Sorry for the lousy late night camera work...Enjoy...

Ahhhhh. A dream brought to reality...

A nude wahine, a private lagoon, tikis, and drinks...

:music: "Heaven...I'm in Heaven.." :music:

Forgot to mention it is the July-1964 issue. April 1964 was their first issue. Don't know how long they lasted. There's more nekkid pix , I guess they were horning in on Playboy territory. Only three ads in the whole issue, so I'm sure they were struggling.....The drinks are interesting, The Sly Mongoose, Velvet Hammerhead Shark, Politico, and The Rum-Mona.....mmmmmmmm....the coconut mug imprint is Duke Kahanamoku's.....

I'm going to apply to a good Connoisseur School! Now that I'm a Socialite, they HAVE to let me in!

Dude, you're gettin' a Tiki!

[ Edited by: TikiMikey on 2003-03-26 09:51 ]

Velvet Hammerhead Shark...now that's a drink set for a revival!

Wonderful spread...any chance of some
high-res pics?

Trader Woody

Hey Woody...does a revival mean that you have had a Velvet Hammerhead Shark?....article said it was a Connoisseur's World original...not sure about tequila and rum in the same drink (or the same stomach)....I promise to repost better pix when I have more time....

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-16 14:00 ]

Any chance of at least posting those recipes? They sound interesting.

K
Kono posted on Tue, Mar 28, 2006 4:00 PM

Yes. I'd love to check out those recipes also!

i didn't even notice recipes. i was blinded by wahines! thanks for posting!

H
Helz posted on Tue, Mar 28, 2006 5:22 PM

Fil, did you stumble across this thread when you were looking for the shark mug? When you asked, I went searching and found this same thread. Then it pops up. Kinda weird.

On 2006-03-28 17:22, HelzTiki wrote:
Fil, did you stumble across this thread when you were looking for the shark mug? When you asked, I went searching and found this same thread.

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-16 14:01 ]

Ah yes.....another post and run. Cool mug filslash. I looked in my Sam's Seafood menu
and I don't see a drink that coincides with that mug (nor the Moai mug), but I like to think
that it may have come from there. How many other Sam's could there be that would have
a mug like that? I will look for that magazine when the unpacking of the bar decor happens
as I can't find it now.

On 2006-03-30 08:36, bongofury wrote:
I will look for that magazine when the unpacking of the bar decor happens
as I can't find it now.

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-16 14:01 ]

Pages: 1 13 replies