Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Tiki Diablo carves for Trader Vic's

Pages: 1 2 65 replies

I post some pics up next week for my fellow carvers and artists. Carving some masterpiece monsters for Trader Vic's LA. Thanks to my good friend Sven !

K

congrats diablo... cant wait to see them.. vics is lucky to have you carving for them, those tikis are gonna bring in alot of business..

CJ

They have chosen wisely. Congrats again man...what a kick ass opportunity.

B

About time you did some more carving!
:P

O

Way to go Danny. It was hard to keep under wraps. Can't wait to see your carvings!

Sweet!! Are they bigger than the tiki's you did for Laura and I? I can't wait to see them at the "new" TV.

Congrats Danny, can't wait to see them!

Your old school flava will fit in perfect in Trader Vic's.

Thanks fellas!

On 2009-01-17 03:15, Benzart wrote:
About time you did some more carving!
:P

Haa! Still a carving monster, just not much of a tc poster these days. Call ya some time Ben.

Super news! As a great admirer of your work, I look forward with excitement and anticipation to the unveiling of your masterpieces for the Trader! Now, post them photos!!!!

-Weird Unc

S

Congratulations Danny,

I am sure your peices will be amazing as usual

-S

Congrats Danny! What an impressive resume of carvings and design you have for today's revival tiki establishments. Your work'z are exceptional and I look forward to seeing these in situ someday.

Go Tiki Diablo, can't wait to finally see these, they sound like they are going to be amazing, T.V. will be proud to have your work out front.

Bosko

Thanks again guys. I'll have to hold off on posting pics untill after they are completed and get the word. Have to respect my clients request, just heard last night.

N

Congrats my bro
I bet they're going to look Awesome!

congrats mate you deserve it keep up the good work

Okay...so somehow I missed this thread, but I have to say DUDE!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

Your work rocks, I can't wait to see what you'll make for the vic's.

which leads me too....any chance you can post something now? pppppllllllleeeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeee????????????

H
Heath posted on Wed, Mar 4, 2009 9:21 AM

On 2009-03-03 15:53, Polynesiac wrote:
Okay...so somehow I missed this thread, but I have to say DUDE!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

Your work rocks, I can't wait to see what you'll make for the vic's.

which leads me too....any chance you can post something now? pppppllllllleeeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeee????????????

I concur.

Tikis are completed, and getting delivered this week.

On 2009-03-29 14:23, Tiki Diablo wrote:
Tikis are completed, and getting delivered this week.

Diablo, congrats on the finished job. Now show us the damn things already!!!

Yea!

Letseee, Letseee!

come on danny! Just a little sneaky-peaky?!?!?!

Yeah, come on Danny, show one at least!

T

this is pure torture man... come on...

N
NOTCH posted on Mon, Mar 30, 2009 9:48 AM

Come On!!

Show us the Goods Man!!

=Notch=!

BD

been waitin on the photos. come on let us see. just a peek?

seriously though, congrates!

bd

Im with Big Daddy on this one.
Watango

Please keep in mind that if the Tiki are not what TV wants...you are more than welcome to drop them off at my house....we luv your work and always will....8)

O

Oh, they are what Trader Vic's wanted I'm sure. Awesome job Danny!

(Hey Doc Weiner, it's not too late for Las Vegas, Hire Danny, Sven & Ben before it's too late)

BD

wow!! truly an awesome pair! i usually reserve that for my girlfriend but these pair deserve the same recognition. great carve and thank you for the pictures.

bd

Danny, great stuff, wow, they look great!

Amy

...and Danny threw his back out too!

All for the love of tiki.

Get well soon man!

p.s. Marqs are AWESOME!

call Terill.

C

Real stunners...great work Danny. They look ancient.

I also got to see these guys up close and personal last Saturday night.

Stunning.

Beautiful work Danny.

Heal up soon!

Diablo,Awesome!!!dig the marqueasn guys but the maori is
way kool too!well worth the wait for a looksie.Watango

Awesome Killer tikis Danny! That's a project to be proud of.....

T

Freaking nice, dude!!!

Thanks for posting pics guys. As for my back ,it was the pergo floor installation that really did it to me. aye !

K
KAHAKA posted on Wed, May 6, 2009 9:59 PM

I was telling Notch tonight that those are the nicest Marqs I've ever seen... he agreed. Killer stuff, Mang.

So are those babies fixed outside, or do they carry them inside every night? Hate to see them marred by some dumbshits roaming the streets at night.

P
Paipo posted on Thu, May 7, 2009 3:24 PM

Man those are some sweet Marquesans! I dig your rendering of the classic menu tiki too, he's spot-on. Well done to TV's for recognising the talent and value of today's finest revival artists!

N
NOTCH posted on Thu, May 7, 2009 9:02 PM

I cant wait to get my but up there and check out the beautifully work ya done Bro..
Hopefully sooner than later!
Cant wait to give them a big BEAR HUG!!! AAARRRGH!
Notch

S

What a incredible carve LOVE IT! Easily one of the best i have ever seen.
Looks like a great time.

B

It Really shows you put your heart, soul and back into these guys. Awesome pieces Danny, stuff to be proud o for a LONG time to come. Hope your back is feeling better by now?.

S

They look fantastic, dude! Way to go! Can't wait to see them in person.

Suzanne

T

Wow, nice job Danny! I didn't realize how big they were til I saw Lake standing next to one. Can't wait to see em in person. Your tikis always inspire me!

Superdeluxo detail brotha! Can't wait to see those gigantors
in person. "Have a bitchen' summer, K.I.T"

Danny -- Your amazing, masterful creations set the scene SO perfectly it's now impossible to imagine the LATVs experience without them!

Wish you would carve miniature versions of them, or produce them as ceramic pieces so we could all have our own replicas of them at home!

I'm curious (as are others) -- DO they take them in at night at closing time, or are they always out there on the street? (I sure HOPE they take them in, 'cause I don't trust NOBODY these days -- especially with pieces THAT beautiful!

Cheers & Mahalos :drink: :tiki:

Awesome work. Beautiful. I am very curious what kinda money does that brings to you. No one ever talks about that. I would be very interested in that really. I try to sell all my stuff that I carve and it would be helpful to know these things. Of course I am no where as talented as this. Impressive. What kind of wood did you use?

[ Edited by: Tucson Tiki 2009-05-16 09:29 ]

[ Edited by: Tucson Tiki 2009-06-02 10:33 ]

Pages: 1 2 65 replies