Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

1965 chevy suburban tiki truck

Pages: 1 22 replies

R

Hi people. I built this truck in Austin, TX to help promote my hot rod businesses, houseospeed.com and hotrodshiftknob.com. The truck's name is Ratiki and its numerous tiki touches are the handiwork of myself and a terrific local tiki artist by the name of "Crash". We have her artwork on our site as well as tiki style custom shift knobs if anyone's interested. Let me know what you think of the truck. Thanks for looking.

[ Edited by: ratiki 2009-01-17 15:50 ]

That is awesome! Try and go to this years Tiki Oasis. It would fit in perfectly!

L
Liana posted on Sat, Jan 17, 2009 4:41 PM

That is sooo cool! Great job! :D

Welcome to TC ratiki. That's a fine lookin' rod ya got there!

CJ

really nice!

... some really nice touches. Its all in the detail... it like it a lot! 8)

... some really nice touches. Its all in the detail... it like it a lot! 8)

Not overly done, real restraint shown... I like very much!

S

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always been a fan of your Sub and Crash's work as well. I got to talk to you at Roundup last year at your booth. MY 65 is in my sig.

[ Edited by: drasticwagon 2009-01-17 20:56 ]

[ Edited by: drasticwagon 2009-01-17 20:56 ]

C

That is beautiful!

brilliant - I WANT TO HAVE IT !!!

H

That is one cool rig! Do you drive it around town much?
We love Crash's artwork...and your truck is a perfect canvas. We won a Crash drawing in a raffle at last year's Tiki Round-up. Lucky us! Fortunately, Crash had a booth at the Texas Tattoo Art Revival last weekend and we picked up some more "Crashes" for our growing collection.

H

That is one cool rig! Do you drive it around town much?
We love Crash's artwork...and your truck is a perfect canvas. We won a Crash drawing in a raffle at last year's Tiki Round-up. Lucky us! Fortunately, Crash had a booth at the Texas Tattoo Art Revival last weekend and we picked up some more "Crashes" for our growing collection.

Very cool. Dig the interior!

N
NOTCH posted on Tue, Jan 20, 2009 8:17 AM

Very Nice ratiki

I would love to see it up close to see all the detail

You have going on the beast... Beautiful Work

Welcome To TC ~ Notch

Very nice. Good job.

Ossum, just ossum.

The bamboo headliner is too nice, grill tikis too. The IC/dash/whatever done up in wood and the other details rock. As an ex-photog I can't help but notice that someone who knows where to point the glass put extra zing in the pics.

You guys did alright. First class or better.

That is some BEAUTIFUL work! You should be very proud. I especially love the grill.

K
KuKu posted on Thu, Jan 22, 2009 2:16 PM

VAROOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!! Hotdam, that is one fine hotrod. Almost a woody...

RG

That is seventeen KINDS of awesome!

RG

That is seventeen KINDS of awesome!

Outstanding............That would look awesome pulling our time to tiki mobile tiki bar.

Tropical Todd
Time to Tiki

Pages: 1 22 replies