Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Travelling in the U.S.

Pages: 1 8 replies

I'm going to be travelling between Philadelphia and Chicago in a large circular route - visiting Record Stores to buy old 45s - and would like any suggestions for places to eat and drink along the way.
Planned ports of call include Pittsburgh, Allentown, Cleveland, Toledo, Ann Arbor and possibly Detroit.

Any Tiki places would be great, particularly inexpensive ones, but any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for your input...

absolutely nothing between Philadelphia and Chicago? :(

I would search either Critiki or Tiki central for those cities you listed and I would also see if you can get a copy of Tiki road Trip. I am from the wrong side of the US, so other than Chicago, I couldn't help much. I know Rugbymatt is from Allentown -no tiki I'm sure, but he is a great guy to hang out with and knows that city well! I hope this helps a little.

Hey thanks...

I was beginniing to get a little lonely LOL.

Anyone recommend any decent retro bars or places to eat in Allentown, Philly, Toledo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh etc

PD, maybe changing your thread title to be more specific would help?

there are no tiki bars in philadelphia, but rumbar (http://www.rumbarphilly.com) does tiki tuesdays, with an expanded $5 tiki drink menu ($5 zombies!) and a discounted polyneasian menu. the crowd is hit or miss and the bar isn't tiki-fied but it a great place if you enjoy rum, and there is a huge pirate statue in the lounge as a bonus.

just outside detroit, in livonia michigan is chin tiki...this was their second business, -the old chin's downtown has been closed for years....i would stop into chin's livonia on your way through.....

there's plenty to do in chicago...check out trader vics, hala kahiki, chef shangri-la among others....if you are able to post from the road, contact us on your way in and we can give you more detailed info...if not, when do you expect to be in the chicago area??

for philly not sure if its still in action:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=30281&forum=4&hilite=philly
check this thread

also the rum bar in philly for - well rum....

Chicago is full of good time places at least 4 as posted by tipsy.

injoy

RR

Pick up the new issue of IMBIBE magazine
Good article about the best bars to visit in Philadelphia

Pages: 1 8 replies