Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Old episodes of Hawaii 5-0 to view on internet

Pages: 1 4 replies

K

I've been watching the episodes since they've started releasing the DVDs..from Netflix. It was surreal when one of the episodes shot right outside of the apartment building I'm living in now and McGarret's talking away while behind him is a view of my exact unit...and it oddly looks exactly the same as it did in 1970..although the neighbor hood right around has seen many changes. For me, that's the fun of Hawaii 5-0...seeing things you recognize, and the many changes..that, and how they travel from point A to point B in entirely illogical ways.

On 2009-01-19 12:49, Kaiwaza wrote:
I've been watching the episodes since they've started releasing the DVDs..from Netflix. It was surreal when one of the episodes shot right outside of the apartment building I'm living in now and McGarret's talking away while behind him is a view of my exact unit...and it oddly looks exactly the same as it did in 1970..although the neighbor hood right around has seen many changes. For me, that's the fun of Hawaii 5-0...seeing things you recognize, and the many changes..that, and how they travel from point A to point B in entirely illogical ways.

Thats cool how you can watch a show that is like a time capsule that took place almost 40 years ago, yet still recognize landmarks and even exact apartment doors. I can watch that show and just see a small area in the backround and usually know where they are at. Sometimes half the fun of watching the show is identifying their location. Some of my favorite episodes are when the mild mannered McGarret gets to the point where he is furious then erupts and makes threats back at the hoodlums he is pursuing. Very Robert Deniroish in say a Raging Bull!

T

This is a great freebee indeed!

Check out this episode from the first season for a tiki bar scene complete with some great tikis (one looks a lot like the "goof" at the Bali Hai) and a live Polynesian show! It starts at 38 minutes into the episode. The sign of the place is obscured by some vegetation when McGarret drives up. Does anyone know what bar it may have been?

http://www.cbs.com/classics/hawaii_five_0/video/video.php?cid=621166685&pid=nEPdZbMPH_8a1hQXdmqfoIJxwlmG2_L6&play=true&cc=

Jab,
I thought the same thing about that tiki looking like the goof!

Pages: 1 4 replies