Pages: 1 28 replies

BAR PINK (San Diego)
JANUARY 20TH

EXOTIKI

Cost: FREE

Time? No idea....

[ Edited by: Tiki Shaker 2009-02-07 13:57 ]

A

10 p.m. according to the bar's My Space page: http://www.myspace.com/barpinkelephant

It should be noted that Jan. 20 is a Tuesday, and every Tuesday at Bar Pink is Tiki Tuesday.

"I am Lono!" -- Hale Ka'a Tiki Lounge

[ Edited by: arriano 2009-01-19 09:13 ]

Exotiki is amazing.
I highly recommend seeing them.

If it was a weekend, or at 8 pm I wo uld come down from OC for this show.
but thats a tad late for me.
sorry guys.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

here is their myspace to hear them.
http://www.myspace.com/exotikimusic

Ugh, 10 pm again. Oh well, I'm definitely still going to go. I saw them a few weeks ago for the first time and I was blown away. They truly are top notch.

Thanks for the promo/reminder TikiShaker!

Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to make it down there tomorrow night to play, personally. Still haven't decided...

Last week a really dear friend of mine was tragically taken from us and I am playing a BIG benefit for his family tonight... and if it's going to be how all of last week was... I will still be in bed until Wed. from drinking Newcastle's in his honor.

I talked with Thomas last night.... Exotiki will still play without me if I decide not to go... so, no bass... but they still sound AMAZING without bass!

We will see...

Thanks again for the post!

-Kevin

[ Edited by: Dartin Menny 2009-01-19 15:46 ]

[ Edited by: Dartin Menny 2009-01-19 15:47 ]

Sorry to hear that Kevin,

My heart goes to you and his friends and his family.

So Sorry to Hear that Kevin.
my deepest condolences to you and his family and friends.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

TM

Same here, Kevin.

Hey, they are talking you up quite a bit on talkbass.com...check the rockabilly section. You are rated there as one of the top 10 rockabilly bassists.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503205

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2009-01-21 07:35 ]

Thanks guys for the condolences. It's been a rough and long week...

Lucas.. hahaha... thanks man. That's cool. :wink: I'm flattered.

Did anyone make it last night to Bar Pink?

I almost decided to go down there... but I ended up surfing Churches in the afternoon and didn't want to drive it twice.

There's also another funeral/wake to go to tonight... so I needed to stay home with my wife.

Thomas said him and Kevin (the rhythm guitarist) both had the flu :( But, as a duo they are great... so I'm sure whoever showed up were treated to a good show.

Yes, I made it! Once again, it was a great show. Sorry you weren't able to make it. It sounded a lot different with out you there, but still good none the less.

Keep me posted on when you next show will be in the San Diego.

Good luck with the rest of the week too, Kevin.

SK

I made it out to bar pink for the show and boy am I glad I did. That was my first time seeing them and man are they great! If they play that good feeling under the weather and a man down I can't wait to see them at 100% with their full line up. Thanks to the band for coming out and putting on a great show on a school night.

Please post any upcoming shows.

SF

Tiki Shaker and Sofa King... Thanks for going out and supporting! And thank you for the kind words. I will relay them to Thomas later tonight.

It looks like we will be playing at Bamboo Ben's Shindig on May 3rd.
(more details coming closer to the date...)

Anything else that pops up, I will post.

Thanks again!

I just got my Billy Watson February email gig calender, and see that he's joining you guys at your show on the 17th. He's my favorite non-dead blues guy :wink:, and I've been wanting to see Exo-Tiki since the first thread popped up, how cool that you guys apparently know each other. I will be at this show!!!

MN

On 2009-02-04 19:38, 4WDtiki wrote:
I will be at this show!!!

That's three exclamation points!!!
Head Shrinker and I will be there again.

TikiShaker, Edit your O.P. for Feb 17th.

Anyone for Lefty's at 8:30? Slices or whole pie and PBRs. Mmmmm, Lefty's!!!!!

I just got back from a 11 day trip to Spain and had a message from Thomas about the 17th.

Doh! My wife and I already have tickets to see Murder City Devils in LA that night....so I won't be at the gig playing ... again :(

Slacker.
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I'm gonna try to make it to this.
I love these guys and my b-day starts at midnight!

I'll be there with the Pink Elephant mug but Head Shrinker is under the weather.

Really really bummed I can't make it down to play this tonight... :(

But, hope all of you do make it out and support them... you won't regret it!

C

Lots of fun last night with Buzzy & NoNaMe. Exotiki is a bunch of local top-notch blues guys who now do classic Hawaiian Slide Steel numbers.

Buzzy brought one of his amazing carved drums and the band's eyes bugged out when they saw it, they played it all through the first set. It has a strange-but-familiar sound when played, low and tribal. The night turned into a Buzzy Extravaganza of Excellent Tiki Bongos Played Right.

I learned Buzzy's real name. It is Mr. Ztrwxtaplixx. Don't tell anybody.

NoNaMe the papparazzi took lots of snaps, I had a Singapore Sling in a giant pint glass, the crowd got loud and a swell time was had by all!

Damn, I wish I could have made it last night. I love Exotiki.

some pics.

and that kooky drum...

Sweet! Is that a Buzzy drum?

B

Double Sweet! That is a Buzzy Drum! YAY!

Cool photos Mr. NoNaMe!!!

That's a really cool drum :)

Hey, there's no bass player in these pics! Maybe they don't really NEED one, huh? :wink:

Pages: 1 28 replies