Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Austral Islads Paddle by Tikimecula

Pages: 1 11 replies

I'm still not sure about letting this one go, But I am almost done with another one that i like just a little better than this one.

If you want a nice paddle to adorn your wall here goes..

It's 50 inches tall and detail carved on every square inch. It's poplar wood and stained to look like a 19th century curio.

And it will also come with the hangers i am using to hang it.

Now the hard part, I never know what to price my carvings at. I only have time to do very few each year. From start ot finish i have over 60-70 hours on this one alone.

I'll take $1200 for it shipped and insured.

Right after i finished this i saw an original sell on ebay for almost $8000

M

That is freakin' amazing. If I had the extra money, it would be on my wall already!!

B

Wished I could afford this guy T-mec! I have seen this fella in person and it's a steal at this price! Jeez!...the man hours in this alone...

Glad you have another one coming out, or I would say...Andy - Duuuude, don't sell it.

Jesus F Christ! What a labor of love! They just don't make'em like that any more, even in the islands.

R

beautiful!!!only 60-70 hrs .it looks like it took a lot more that that.great work!!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jan 19, 2009 7:26 PM

Can you cut the top part to make it a giant fork to go with GROG giant tiki spoon?

That's completely insane brah!

Not the price being insane, but the workmanship.

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2009-01-20 08:31 ]

P

i've seen this piece in person. it is well worth the price. i wish i could afford it.

N

Amazing Work!
I need to start saving me money, Argh!!

That is a master piece.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jan 20, 2009 11:03 AM

[ Edited by: GROG 2009-01-20 11:03 ]

Awesome work... love the details....

Pages: 1 11 replies