Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Tiltshift maker...cool

Pages: 1 7 replies

Here's a neat site to tiltshift your photos (free) and download them. Check it out.
Fun to play with. Works best with horizontaly oriented pics.
Example below...makes them look like miniatures.
http://tiltshiftmaker.com/

Yeah that is a great site! all the fun of tilt photography without the deep understanding of aperture, focal length and shutter speed. Would like to see some more tiki and beach stuff done with this. I tried a few images of Kalapaki Bay but nothing was worth saving. I will have to try some different images sometime.

TS

I have been experimenting with tilt shift using photoshop...It is kind of fun, and I had some really nice shots. I'll upload once I resize them...They are all currently high res photos...

weird..anyone care to explain the illusion?

W

On 2009-01-21 14:04, Chongolio wrote:
all the fun of tilt photography without the deep understanding of aperture, focal length and shutter speed.

I got stoned by just reading that sentence.

TS

By most accounts, arial photos work best. Not always way up in the air, but elevated enough above the subject being photographed, actually helps the perception and increases the effect of a "miniature world".
Compare these two photos...The one on top is the original, and the one on bottom has been manipulated in photoshop to give a feeling of miniature models. The actual camera lenses made spcifically for this type of photography are expensive, and photoshop can, with the right photo give off similar results.
original:

Photoshop:

By adding blurred or out of focus/range edges, and increasing color range, while keeping a clear shot on your focal point, you can fool the eye into seeing a miniature world.
The two images below are not mine, but are samples of what can be done.

here are a couple more I did in photoshop:

The trick works better with as little people in the picture as possible. Cars, boats and such from a higher angle are best, in my opinion.
Look up olivo barbieri under youtube.com or google video, and look for the "site specific Vegas" clip....its about 15min long, and shows some movie footage filmed in tiltshift mode. Some shots look like real miniature models, while some shots look forced and fake. Angles, colors and elevation make a tremendous difference when trying to get the shot to look authentic...,
I mean authentically fake. :D

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2009-01-21 22:02 ]

Pages: 1 7 replies