Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Chinese New Year Celebration at Chef Shangri-La 2/21/09

Pages: 1 14 replies

Come on out and celebrate the "Year of the Ox" at the Chef on Saturday night February 21st. This year the entertainment will be the smooth mellow & sounds of the Bikini Beachcombers, plus the magical surf rythms of the Cocktail Preachers. Lake Tiki will be bringing down some of his 2009 South Pacific Secrets Collection for your shopping pleasures! It also happens to be the 3rd Saturday of the month, so we will be featuring the "Evening in Shangri-La" free raffle between acts. Hope ya'll can make it out!

we're so there! Can't wait!

We missed the last couple, so we're planning on it. See you there!

TT

Another new collection in the works!

This one will premier at the Chef Shangri-La Chinese New Year Party on February 21'st!

Come check out my new work, and enjoy the great music, great food and great drinks at the Chef!

Aloha,

Just a quick reminder that this coming Saturday 2/21 is the Chef's "Year of the Ox" Chinese New Year Celebration. We've got entertainment by the Bikini Beachcombers at 7pm and the Cocktail Preachers at 9pm, along with the monthly raffle. Suzy will have food and drink specials, plus she'll be passing out those "lucky red envelopes". We'll also get a look at Lake Tiki's 2009 Island Fire collection.

We got some great raffle items again this month:

a Chef t-shirt, a framed Exotica poster, tiki planter, vintage tiki votive candle/lantern, matches and post card from Chin Tiki in Detroit(complements of Cat Meow Detroit), Exotica CD, Surfabilly Freakout t-shirt(complements of Jet Sterling and Surfabilly Radio Show), ceramic tiki table torch, as well as a couple of other goodies.

Be sure to make your reservations today at 708-442-7080 or 708-442-7081 :D

..i will be there giving demonstrations on making macaroni art......

They will make their debut this Saturday at 7 PM at Chef Shangri-La!

Light the fires... and melt all the damn snow away!!!! :x

Hope to see the local Ohana out in force for some great drinks, great tunes from the Bikini Beachcombers and the Cocktail Preachers and great food from the Chef!

Oh yea, and there will be some local kine tiki creations to check out and purchase for your hale. :wink:

I've got this other little "collection" thing going... again, local peeps get a look-see at this venture this Saturday at Chef Shangri-La. :wink:

Shovel your driveway hungover Sunday morning!

See you Saturday night!

....so drive safe everyone.

" In a perfect world...Elvis would still be alive ....and all the elvis impersonators would be dead!!"

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2009-02-20 05:18 ]

snow has fallen last night......should be over shortly.....do not let the snow discourage you from coming out tonight...the chef's lot is always plowed.....

..come have a drink and get plowed yourself !!!!

It's been downgraded from a "winter storm warning" to "winter weather advisory." It's over. No excuses!

TT

Packed up and ready to hit the road in 2 hours!

Hitting up Trader Vic's first, then out to the Chef!

Lot's of carved goodies... and a couple of Lake Tiki creations will be donated to the free raffle!

See everyone tonight!!!!

WOW what a fun night! the Chef was packed last night.
good food, great cocktails--not one --but two outstanding bands, swell raffle prizes, Lake surfers beautiful new creations, and so many happy friendly people just soakin' it all in.
I didn't even take but maybe one or two pictures I was having so much fun.
Thanks for all the fun!

You said it Mel!

What a fun Saturday!

I started the night at Trader Vic's for some classic Mai Tais then jetted out to the Chef to enjoy the musical talents of The Bikini Beachcombers and the surf stylings of the Cocktail Preachers.

Great to see everyone out that night!

Many thanks to all those who took home a purchase Saturday night, as always I really appreciate all your support and I hope you enjoy your new carvings!

Big mahalos to the Vastas and Chef Shangri-la for putting the event together!

Wow! :o What a great turnout!
Even all the snow that fell earlier in the day didn't keep folks away! We had people down from Wisconsin and from over Indiana way as well. Huge kudos go out to both bands for great sets. The raffle had some last minute additions, thanks to the generocity of Lake Tiki, who donated 2 fabulous carvings, and the Carters, who donated an autographed copy of "Tiki Quest", plus a 2005 exotica T-shirt!
Thanx to everyone who showed up and helped make this event an overwelming success! You guys all rock!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave & Coalbe
Hey did anyone get photos?

I was having so much fun, that I'm not sure if I took any photos at all. I'll check when I get home tonight.

Pages: 1 14 replies