Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Tiki Travelin in Kauai

Pages: 1 6 replies

C

So I've searched the forum for tiki's of Kauai and will be seeking them out and following the reccomendations of others. I am now sitting on the lanai enjoying a gentle rain shower in Kilauea at the start of my vacation here...

if anyone is on this side of the isle, send a PM and lets meet up!!! First round is on me.

I can add a recommendation... The Cocout Gorilla at the Kalypso in Hanalei is exellent.

[ Edited by: Choptop 2009-01-25 21:47 ]

H

Aloha, Choptop! I was there in November and so envious that you're there now! :^)

You already mentioned Hanalei, but I'll go ahead and mention Tahiti Nui (for drinks and vibe) and Havaiki (for cool artifact shopping), in case you haven't made it there yet. They're both right in the center of town. Havaiki is a litte bit back from the road, but you can't miss the two big tikis and torches flanking the sign! Headhunter finds, Maori carvings and other goodies.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! We loved Kauai. And watch out for those chickens!

C

Karl Spangler Voice: The chickens will never quit, they are like the Viet Kong... the Chicken Kong... :D

headed to Tahiti Nui tomorrow evening for drinks. lots to do. Loving it.

Pele Nani and I will be visiting the Garden Island in October (assuming United Airlines does not go bankrupt first). I have been to Kauai several times before, this is her first trip.

Current plans are to stay North Shore in a small house or bungalow. We'll be active by day and get smashed on cocktails by night. Thanks for the recommendations here!

I'm especially hoping to get in some canoe paddling on the Hanalei River, that would be cooler (an more tiki) than the kayaks that are there.

Aloha

anyone find a decent tiki bar on Maui? I haven't yet, but then I haven't scoured all the nooks and crannies yet.

mahalos

T

The hilton at poipou beach side has a couple of old tikis, very cool, I am trying to plan my vaca to kaui for Aug. very cool ENJOY!!!

Ann1985 this is not a website to shoot your spam on so don't register to
advertise your fricken golf clubs on TC..shisssssh!!

Pages: 1 6 replies