Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

In San Francisco this weekend.... HELP!

Pages: 1 3 replies

On Friday, I'm heading for San Francisco with my wife and in-laws. We're actually spending four days in Napa/Sonoma, but if I'm lucky,
I can probably sneak in a Tiki excursion.... So, where should I go? I'll probably have to go during the daytime and whil I've been to SF,
I'm not terribly familiar with the area. I need tiki recomendations!!

I will say that I am a complete sucker for Mugs I can't get anywhere else, so that would be a big bonus.

So, with one day, in-laws to consider, and an insatiable hunger for mugs, what one bar should I hit???

[ Edited by: Boscorooty 2009-01-26 07:16 ]

You say during the day? Unless you can get over the FI on Sunday, you'd be heading over after 5pm.

K
KuKu posted on Mon, Jan 26, 2009 9:45 AM

Kona Club in Oakland is awesome! It opens at noon on weekends and 2 pm weekdays and they have a kewl mug...

J

If it has to be before 5:00pm, go to Trader Vic's in Emeryville. The only other thing open before 5:00 is Kona Club, which has great decor, but that's really the only thing it has going for it. The music, clientele, drinks, and overall atmosphere are quite a disappointment. At Vic's you get good drinks, good food, good views, good mug selection and availability, and the historical aspect goes without saying. If you can be in the Bay Area after 5:00pm, go to Forbidden Island in Alameda. That's where you'll get the best decor, drinks, service, music, atmosphere, and a mug that is not available online or anywhere else. Go to http://www.critiki.com and do the research. The ratings for the tiki locations in the area say it all.

Pages: 1 3 replies