Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Carvings by IRTIKI

Pages: 1 13 replies

I

Here is the latest tiki carving. It is almost done, just wondering about what kind of finish to put on it.
This one is from a fallen cedar. It is 5.5 ft tall.

[ Edited by: IRTIKI 2009-01-28 11:54 ]

IRTIKI, congrats... that's a beauty!

Love the expression on it, and nice work on the mouth and headress details!

BD

NICE!! one more artist that can inspire me to do better. he's beautiful.

bd

I

Thanks for the compliments!!! :D

S

Hell yes! this guy is great nice work.

G
GMAN posted on Wed, Jan 28, 2009 5:24 PM

IRTIKI,

Don't worry about a finish for that piece. I do not want to see you get all stressed out and have to go through all of the anxiety. Just mail it to me and I will go through all the pain and suffering of applying an appropriate finish. I will, of course, need to hold onto the piece until the finish has properly cured....it could be as long as three to four years - depending on the relative humidity here. I will PM you my address.

In all seriousness, sweet carve man!

-G$

B

man that guy looks sweet,i'd trade you a palm log for a ceder anytime!

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Jan 29, 2009 7:24 AM

IRTIKI,

Go to my thread - page 1. The more larger complex carvings there are cedar and stained dark. If you are after that look, I can get you there.....

-G

I

Hey GMAN. I checked out your work...very nice. Yeah, if you could let me know how you got that nice finish that would be great :)

looks really good!

That is one of the most awesome and stylistically pure Kona images I hve ever seen. It brings tears to my eyes to see that there are people out here who not only carve in that style, but als excell in it.

Aloha!

Marcus

I

WOW, thanks for all the great feedback, now does anyone wanna give me some cash for it!!! LOL
I have been trying to sell this but it has been so hard, I guess there really isn't a market for it here in Canada. I currently have some of my carvings being showcased in my local Library hoping for a break! Any ideas on where to sell this guy?
Cheers & thanks again!

WHOA.....What part of Canada?!I'm in Alberta !( and what kinda green are we talkin about here?) PM me

I

Ok...trying to sell this guy now
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270359988992&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123
Cross your fingies and hope it sells!!! :)

Pages: 1 13 replies