Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Boston Area and El Dorado

Pages: 1 6 replies

Just stopped by Gordon's in Waltham on Main. They've got a good number of bottles of El Dorado 5 year, 12 year and 21 year. I've never seen it before in MA. They said that they think the MA distribution just started about a month ago.

They also had 4 or 5 bottles of the lower proof Lemon Hart.

Ryan and Casey Liquors in Greenfield has had El Dorado pretty consistently in recent years but I stopped there today on the way home from DC and they were discounting stuff to reduce inventory so in the future it may be a special order item.

T

But on a brighter note if the liquor store in Waltham is carrying it you can always ask someone who drives by there 5 days a week to pick you some up... That would be me & I would be happy to hook you up with liquor if you need it!

Beth

To hell with Lemon Hart! El Dorado Special Reserve 15 Year is fantastic!

(Truth to tell, I've never had Lemon Hart and can't get it around here, but who needs it when this stuff is SO GOOD!)

Well, if you are sipping it I'll take the El Dorado 15 too. But if you're making a cocktail the Lemon Hart is the superior and more economical selection. Mixing the 15 would be a crime.

(Mixing the El Dorado 12 on the other hand is something I can live with.)

On 2009-01-30 17:56, rev_thumper wrote:
Well, if you are sipping it I'll take the El Dorado 15 too. But if you're making a cocktail the Lemon Hart is the superior and more economical selection. Mixing the 15 would be a crime.

Auwe! Now I'm feeling guilty!

And... now I'm over it... feeling didn't last long. :wink:

Serving El Dorado 12 year to a group last night. Called the drink the Rum Swizzle, 'cause I liked how that sounded.

1 1/2 oz. El Dorado 12 Year
1 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
1 tsp. (5ml) Dark Creme de Cacao
Fill shaker half way with ice, add all ingredients, shake like hell, strain into chilled martini glass. Garnish with a pineapple leaf.

Pages: 1 6 replies