Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

TC meet Cody Lascala

Pages: 1 7 replies

I wanted to take the opportunity to use the large TC forum and introduce you to 2 very special people in my life. This is a decision that I make that is very personal and unique for me in terms of how/what I've shared with TC over the years.

15 years ago, as a very immature 30 year old, I made a decision to walk away from what I thought even then and know now was the best relationship in my life. Lynette wanted to settle down and I wasn't ready. She lived in Palm Springs and I lived in Long Beach. We were both employed in lucrative fields and neither of us was willing to give up those portions of our life.

On January 10th, Lynette re-entered my life, having moved back to So Cal from her home state of Iowa where she relocated some time ago. We are together again and I am the luckiest man in the world.

Not featured in this video is her other awesome son Bryan who is away on a rugby scholarship at the University of Iowa. Bryan is awesome and dedicated his life to taking care of his brother and his mom. Bryan made it very clear when I was around beginning at the tender age of 2 that he was the man of the house.

Here's his brother Cody & his awesome mom Lynette...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY7XT0gTuBk

If you or anybody you know is affected by cerebral palsy or brain damage, please take a moment to visit Lynette's website... http://www.napacenter.org. Lynette has dedicated her life to this cause & has established & created the most successful abilitation treatment center of it's kind in the entire US.

All of you that attend Tiki events here in So Cal will get the pleasure of meeting Lynette and Cody soon. Thank you for reading!

Mahaloz!
Holden
http://www.tikifarm.com
myspace.com/tikifarm

[ Edited by: makedamug 2009-01-29 17:19 ]

D

Let me be the first here on TC to to welcome Cody, Byran, and Lynnette to the Ohana. I am looking forward to getting to know my new bros and sister. I have talked to a lot pf people about how things in our life challenge us and make us " different" Well as I watched the Utube vid I am reminded we are not all that different from each other. We all love, care and aspire to be the best of what ever it is we want to be.

TM

Good stuff, Holden!!

K
KuKu posted on Thu, Jan 29, 2009 7:12 PM

Nice Holden. Love lasts and time is on your side my bro. Welcome ohana...

TS

I want to send my warmest congratulations, Holden....Not everyone gets a second chance to rekindle a missed relationship...I'm happy for both Lynette and yourself!

Welcome to TC Lynette & Cody!! :) We can't wait to meet you two :)

That's really sweet, Holden. Good for you guys! Be happy!

Holden, I'm really happy for you. Sounds like your year is off to a great start. Welcome, Lynette, Cody, and Bryan! Looking forward to meeting you at one of the upcoming events.

Pages: 1 7 replies