Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

70's home interiors

Pages: 1 7 replies

T

Call me crazy bit I actually liked what I saw.

L
laney posted on Wed, Mar 26, 2003 4:16 PM

I like it too! Almost no white walls! Way better than the stamped out model home decor of today-blah!

Oh, and Tiki-bot, if you're going to quote the repulsive, only out for a dollar, liar, Moore (Puke), at least get the quote correct (it's a bad sign!"). Whatever

[ Edited by: Laney on 2003-03-26 16:33 ]

T

I gather Randy and Robert didn't like them and that's why they made crude comments about them.

What's not to like? I would die for a pad like in picture #3.

T

I have half the furniture you're laughing at in those pictures, hahah!

S

Well, I just picked up a 1969 Speigel catalog that will make a Mod addition to the Swank Pad soon. Not the same as this tackiness, but it's is moving there.

T

I didn't offer an opinion one way or the other. I rather like some of what's there, too.
As for MM, I just thought it was funny in a true sorta way and true in a funny sorta way. Yeah, he's a loudmouth liberal muckraker, but I actually find that refreshing. There are so few public figures willing to take an emotional stance on something as important as what's going on for fear their image will suffer. Yes, he could've been more eloquent, but I don't think it's in him. And I liked his movie and thought his assesment of America's culture of fear was dead on target, no pun intended.

Some of those places are great! That shag carpeting is terrible though! And Tiki-Bot, I haven't seen the MM movie yet but have heard great things about it. I thought he was great at the Oscars! Did you see how the "stars" just kept looking around to see if anyone else was going to clap/boo, etc? I liked how they cut him off, but gave extra time to that guy that won for the Polanski film! Celebrities are dumb.

waikiki

Pages: 1 7 replies