Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

New info on Frank Schirman

Pages: 1 12 replies

A

I have added alot of information on the artist Frank Schirman. I will be adding images soon.

http://sdbirds.basiclink.com/frank_schirman.htm

Mahalo

I have finally put up the images of my entire Schirman collection.I believe it maybe one of the largest collections out there with 61 pieces, plus I'm always trying to add more. I also included some Coco Joe's piece that are similar to Schirman's pieces.

If anyone has pieces that I'm not showing, please send me an images so I can add it to web.

Thanks,

Doug
[email protected]

Awesome collection! Slight suggestion though, maybe change that background. The text is a bit hard to rid and it almost takes away from the beauty of the pieces! Thanks for posting that great collection.

Here's a couple you don't have yet:

These are my missing links. All are similar to Schirman pieces, but are marked Polyart:

These are my unmarked missing links:

Buzzy Out!

buzzy - those are some cool, obscure pieces that you don't see very often.thanks for sharing-

Wow-thanks, I just picked up the Good Luck tiki piece, but you do have some pieces that I would love to buy if you ever want to get rid of them, assuming that you have them. Thank you for sharing and can I have permission to use your images on my website?

Doug- [email protected]

On 2009-03-18 11:19, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
Here's a couple you don't have yet:

These are my missing links. All are similar to Schirman pieces, but are marked Polyart:

These are my unmarked missing links:

Buzzy Out!

Here is a couple pictures from a Schirman catalog that was on ebay a while ago:

and I picked up a slightly discolored Hapawood version of Polyart #23 this weekend:

Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2009-03-23 14:09 ]

8T

Is the link at the top of this thread broken? I couldn't get it to open. Anyway, I thought I would look to see if this figure I found today was already catalogued. The Schirman pieces I normally run across are the busts. Couldn't pass this up for a buck. It is 6" tall and signed Frank Schirman on the bottom with the number 375 and HAWAII. The Blue sticker on the back reads: CONCHE BLOWER MADE IN HAWAII WITH EXOTIC BLACK CORAL From the deep tropical seas of Hawaiian Islands.

Just got this one:

8T

Just found one of the horse plaques pictured in the catalog Buzzy shared above.

8T

Just found two small bust figues.

Yes, I wish that link was active at the top of the page... I've had a couple of pieces for awhile and LOVE them. They are probably my 2nd (and 3rd) fave tiki pieces. I would love to see the whole collection! Guess I'll have to buy one of those catalogs.

8T

Different than the other Schirman pieces I have found, this is not black coral. It is the only Schirman tiki I have. It is 6" tall.

Side

Bottom

In the garden. (Just for photo)

Pages: 1 12 replies