Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Central viewing...help!

Pages: 1 6 replies

For some reason, when I go to tiki central, I have this lame error that says I can't view the site, some McAfee site thing. So I have to view this site through another site, which sucks because I can't see any pics that are posted. My question is, how can I get past the McAfee blocker thing to see tiki central as it should be? Be advised I'm a techno tard so baby step directions would be greatly appreciated. :)

AtomicChick, I don't have McAfee but my sister-in-law does. When I log on to TC from her computer, I get a warning message that says that TC will SPAM you (someone should let Hanford Lemore know about that). It's probably in the security settings for McAfee, you may be able to lft click on the blocking message and change the settings. Or try clicking on the McAfee icon in the system tray in the bottom right corner of your screen, you should be able to change your security level. Hope that helps.

TS

There should be an "allow these sites" function within macafee under preferences...Add http://www.tikicentral.com and you should be able to avoid the disbaled site status.
If I'm not mistaken, it is similiar to siteadvisor. I'm not 100% positive,as I haven't used mcafee in a long time.

A

If all else fails, you might consider removing the McAfee program (through Control Panel) and then reload the program. When reloading, you should be able to choose your preferences.

By the way, I've squared up Tikiroom.com's rating with SiteAdvisor and McAfee, and hopefully those new rating will roll out into their virus checkers and Yahoo.com, too.

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/tikicentral.com?aff_id=661

Thanks Hanford, I've been meaning to tell you about that McAfee thing but kept forgetting :(

Thank you all so much for your help, I can now view pics on TC again! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Pages: 1 6 replies