Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

The Disasternauts live at The Mai Kai February 27th

Pages: 1 27 replies

T

The Disasternauts will be making their first ever appearance at The Mai Kai on February 27th.
What more could you want... They are astronauts... They are chimpanzees... and they play surf music...
Splashdown begins at 6PM!

doh, wish I could see that.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

First Slacktone, now The Disasternauts! The Mai-Kai is taking its band lineup to a new level. I'm there.

P
Pyro posted on Mon, Feb 9, 2009 7:53 AM

The drummer from the Disasternauts made an appearance last night at Will's Pub. He even played a song with the Nova Rays. Great show.

Man..... I am getting in a lot of trouble already for all of my trips down.

My wife is starting to think theres some Monkey Business as it is.... I'll be there but someone is going to have to vouch for me. preferably a female, blond, blue eyed fitness instructor.

On 2009-02-10 11:49, Bohemiann wrote:
Man..... I am getting in a lot of trouble already for all of my trips down.

My wife is starting to think theres some Monkey Business as it is.... I'll be there but someone is going to have to vouch for me. preferably a female, blond, blue eyed fitness instructor.

We can help arrange photographic evidence if that will help...... Are you stuck on the Blue Eyes? Would Green be ok?

Who cares after a few Rum Barrels !? Reds fine.

T

Video of one of the Disasternauts sitting in with The NovaRays at Will's Pub in Orlando

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHTZwm9sm_w

Hukilai fliers (and hopefully posters) will be available at the show next Friday for anyone who wants to help promote.

See what they look like here:

http://www.slammie.com/hukilau/fliers/

Feel free to post a Web flier or banner on your site.

[ Edited by: Hurricane Hayward 2009-02-24 09:25 ]

T

Here's another poster for the show designed by Patrick LeJeune...

K

Oh how I wish I lived closer!

yeah me too.
:(

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

This just in for those paying attention...
The Disasternauts have just added a Saturday show at The Mai Kai...

Needless to say, we'll be there Saturday as well with Hukilai fliers for anyone who wants to help spread the word. Major helpers will receive free one-night passes.

On 2009-02-24 09:24, Hurricane Hayward wrote:
Major helpers will receive free one-night passes.

So would that make it a Major Award?

(sorry... is it too far out of season to use that joke?)

FRA-GEE-LEE
Nice one Chip and Andy...
I personally thought that he was referencing "I Dream of Jeannie"...
Jeannie after all was a major helper to Major Nelson...
and she fits the description of the person that we need for Bohemian's blackmail photo... :wink:

A "Jeannie" would be nice. Or better yet, in keeping with this weekend's theme, how about Sam the NASA chimpanzee (Larry Storch) from the classic "Fly Me to the Moon" episode?

For fun, Jeannie turns a chimp, scheduled to go into outer space under Dr. Bellows' supervision, into a human being. First broadcast: 9/12/67
http://amanoutoftime.livejournal.com/899292.html

OK you said it... free single day Hukilau tickets for Larry Storch if he shows up at the Mai Kai for either Disasternauts show!!!

amazingly the STORCH is still alive ...check out his myspace site (!?!)..and its amazingly BAD TASTE to joke about chimps in this post FACE ATTACK era of NON-CHIMP-EREE!!! You can't buy a MONKEY in america after like a WEEK ago

T

That's why you need to see this show!!!!!
As for the mauling... It was a very sad story...
It's happened to us the other way around though...

I swear I remember someone taking pictures? Maybe it was the Rum Barrels that were flashing?

T

I think it was the Rum Barrels... :)
Here's a photo for you...

T
B

Here's some really crappy out of focus (just as I was) pics of the banana portion of Saturday's show:

BANANA GIRL!!!!

Some Hot Monkey Love for Banana Girl (I dont know how you guys kept playing)

Sorry for the crappy quality. I'm sure someone got some good shots.

Great shows both nights, and good to hang with ya a bit at Chip's as well. See ya in June!!

It sure would have been nice if the Mai Kai would have sent out an email about the performance. They sent out one for the February 7th performance...but without any real advance warning. I think I got the email two days before the show.

I spy with my little eye - Bohemian - with camera in hand!!!

Come on - give up the photos!!

Sorry about the delay. Had to get these approved by NASA. All are from Friday night's debut performance ...

The Mai-Kai tiki gods had never seen anything quite like this before:

Tikigoob slams the skins:

Flaming lead guitar:

A primitive groove:

Check out that synchronized guitar attack:

Fans came from far and wide (Mike "Jetsetter" Jones, aka Dr. Zaius):

As the Rum Barrels piled up, the band played on:

Now if we can just get Bohemiann to share his shots ...

Dude! and Dudes!

Sorry.... I have shot SO much it is taking a little while to get everything sorted. We are on the final mad dash to the finish line with some of our "projects" and time is wicked scarce. We are looking at a mid April launch of..... "you know what" and there is a ton to do still. I'm not sleeping much and working hard. Just a little longer.

Pages: 1 27 replies