Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Keigs in Concord Cali Feb10-21 for work

Pages: 1 8 replies

K

I will be working in Concord Caifornia for a few weeks. Dont know much about the place but hey, I will be there. PM me and fill me in if you want....

Ken, Concord is not far from The Conga Lounge and Forbidden Island. If you're going to go, let me know when.

...also the Kona Club

D

i'll probably have a better chance catching up with you in CA than right here in WA. i'll be in SF Feb 12-17 (with Trader Pup for a dogshow on sun/mon in san jose).

you have my cell, so when you have a plan, let me know! i'll have a car & im staying in San Bruno

TT

Concord is close to Emeryville TV's, too! Heck, you could hit the Tiki Tom's, head to Oakland, Alameda, Emeryville, head over the bay bridge and hit the tiki establishments there! Somebody's got to be your tiki tourguide!

:drink:
Tacky

K

thanks for the info and replies. At the moment I am in Myrtle creek Oregon. My Company truck broke down so I probably wont be in Cali till late tomorrow night. I will pm and call when I have a better idea of what my schedule is.
Thanks for the replies.

J

On 2009-02-08 17:48, Tacky Tiki wrote:
Concord is close to Emeryville TV's, too! Heck, you could hit the Tiki Tom's, ...

:drink:
Tacky

Why am I not surprised that the person recommending hitting Tiki Tom's has the word "Tacky" in their name?

Seriously, don't waste your time on Tiki Tom's, either the one in Walnut Creek, or the one in Oakland. The only decent thing about either place is the service and the somewhat appropriate live music on weekends. The drinks are nasty and the decor utilizes lots of cheap mass-produced balinese masks, some Florida-style, brightly-colored, big-toothed tikis, large television screens showing sports, and lots of neon beer signs. The food is only so-so.

If you want to make the most of your tiki time in the Bay Area, focus on Forbidden Island and Trader Vic's Emeryville. If you still have time after that, and haven't been there in a while, a happy hour stop at the Tonga Room wouldn't hurt. The Conga Lounge isn't bad, and the best part is that you can get pizza from downstairs delivered in the lounge. The only thing going for the Kona Club is the decor and its proximity to Vic Bergeron's final resting place. Just about everything else about it is wrong, including the music selection, the pool table, and the clientele.

Hope this helps.

K

thanks for all the info. I finaly seen FI and had a good time meeting all the peeps.
Also Thanks Jungle trader for giving me a tour of your amazing backyard and hanging out at the local tiki bars.

You're always welcome. Glad you're home safe with the family.

Pages: 1 8 replies