Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

tiki cake on food network

Pages: 1 7 replies

M

Watching ace of cakes now and they are making a tiki hut cake for an anniversary. Can check http://www.foodnetwork.com to find other airings for this show.

I happened to catch this...the finished cake itself turned out really nice. The downside was that the people making the cake kept referring to "Tiki cups" and "Tiki glasses" (the cake had reproductions of some well known mugs on it). Plus the couple that ordered the cake were such die-hard Jimmy Buffett fans, they just had to have a Tiki themed cake for their party.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/ace-of-cakes/tiki-time/index.html

Mar 07, 2009
10:00 PM ET/PT

Mar 08, 2009
1:00 AM ET/PT

W

"Plus the couple that ordered the cake were such die-hard Jimmy Buffet fans, they just had to have a Tiki themed cake for their party."

Ho-ho! Imagine the egg on their face when all their Parrothead friends showed up at their party and told them Tiki is not Jimmy Buffet!

I have always seen it as the other way around.

Jimmy Buffett fans all love tiki

Tiki fans do not all love Jimmy Buffett (Some do!)

I saw this episode and the cake looked really nice. But I have some cleanliness concerns about it, the people who worked on it did so with their bare hands and there were alot of hands all over this cake. I would have preferred if they wore those plastic gloves like they do at alot of restuarant kitchens now days.

I gotta say, I thought the top of the hut looked kinda like a mushroom... sometimes the cakes are hit or miss on that show. The "Tiki cups" reference also bugged me (but I admit, I am a little Tiki-snobbish) :)

Trad'r Bill

T

On 2009-02-09 14:55, TikiGoddess wrote:
I saw this episode and the cake looked really nice. But I have some cleanliness concerns about it, the people who worked on it did so with their bare hands and there were alot of hands all over this cake. I would have preferred if they wore those plastic gloves like they do at alot of restuarant kitchens now days.

I wonder if it tasted like greasy hand prints?

Pages: 1 7 replies