Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

TDN Zombie - Tiki Mug Prize

Pages: 1 6 replies

I usually don't post this type of event on here, but I thought it might be a slight bit appropriate :)

Some may praise it as the quintessential tiki drink, others may tout it as a horrific explosion of bad rum and candy-red syrup, but to know the Zombie truly is to have seen paradise. A wild mix of rums complimented by a perfect dose of citrus and more than a handful of complex and absolutely required drips and dashes.

We’re taking all that time-tested perfection, throwing it in a Blendtec and seeing what we come up with. Want to try a Zombie made with a float of gin? How about with a few dashes of creme de violette? Or maybe a few drops of orange flower water? Come up with the best new Zombie recipe and you’ll find yourself in the possession of a custom-designed, Zombie-themed mug forged by Cass McClure (aka Ocea Otica). Not only that, but your name will be emblazoned upon its visage. Check out more of his work. The action begins at 7pm EST this Thursday.

http://bar.mixoloseum.com

For last week's wrap-up and more details, check out: http://www.kaiserpenguin.com/original-benedictine-and-bb-recipes-tdn/

MN

Kaiser, you don't usually post ANYTHING on here. But if Cass is involved then it is OK.

On 2009-02-09 20:33, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:
Kaiser, you don't usually post ANYTHING on here. But if Cass is involved then it is OK.

How can you say that? Since May 2007 there have been two whole posts.

kaiserpenguin

J

Come on guys. Kaiser Penguin may not spend a lot of time posting here, because he's kinda tied up with an entire cocktail blog of his own. Check it out, you might learn something.

I'm glad to see you here, Rick, and I agree that the Zombie TDN is definitely an appropriate topic for TC. See ya Thursday!

I have not been so present myself here lately. There are tikicentral members who participate, such as Jentiki and Tiare, and also tiki loving non members who participate there. I got involved with the mixoloseum a while back, to only recently participate some. The wealth of information there, and on members related blogs, is overwhelming. I recommend anyone interested in spirits, cocktails and mixology to at least check it out, and to also embrace Kaiserpenguins attempt to reach out. I had been into mixology, before becoming a member here, and yet still learn something new upon each reading. Having not known anyone there when i first started to participate, i was still welcomed graciously.
So hopefully you can put aside the new presence here and come enjoy the festivities of the TDN Zombie night

I was just going to post this topic here...but Rick beat me to it;-))

I`m really looking forward to this thursdays Zombie TDN! I love Zombies! just made one this last weekend that i also posted on my blog. I have been involved in the mixoloseum since it started and the weath of information, and the tons of fun and lovely friends its really worth checking out.

Hopefully see ya on thursday!

Thursday Drink Night Zombie was a blast! We came up with a whole host of new recipes... I've posted them out along with a bunch of photos of the drinks:

http://www.kaiserpenguin.com/new-zombie-recipes-tdn/

Cheers!

Pages: 1 6 replies