Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Lava Lamp

Pages: 1 2 replies

A

A friend of mine was telling me about some cocktail he liked called the Lava Lamp. So I did a Google search. What I found was, at least to me, hilarious. Numerous cocktails called Lava Lamp with vastly different ingredients. That's the problem with cocktails these days. Who invented the Lava Lamp cocktail? Who knows and who could possible figure it out given that each one is completely different. Here's a sampling of what I found:

From cocktailtimes.com

• 6 oz chilled champagne (or sparkling wine)
  • 1 tbsp Ocean Spray Craisins Sweetened Dried Cranberries
  • 1/6 oz fresh lemon juice

Pour chilled champagne (or sparkling wine) into a champagne flute. Add sweetened dried cranberries. Let it sit for a moment. Cranberries will begin to slowly float up and down in glass. Serve while chilled.

From about.com

• 2 oz vodka or citrus vodka
  • 1 oz raspberry liqueur
  • 1 oz honey

Pour the vodka into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Mix the honey and raspberry liqueur well in a shot glass. Use a spoon to slowly drizzle the honey mixture into the vodka.

From cocktailmaking.co.uk

• 17.5 ml After Shock (Red)
  • 17.5 ml After Shock (Blue)

Pour the red after shock and layer the blue after shock on top.

From 1001cocktail.com

• 1 oz raspberry pucker schnapps
  • 1 oz rum (silver)
  • 1 oz beer (lager)

Pour a shot of DeKuyper raspberry pucker schnapps into a shot glass. Place the shot glass inside the bottom of a pint glass. Pour Bacardi silver rum around the outside of shot glass (but inside the pint glass) and carefully float some on top of the raspberry pucker by pouring over the back of a spoon pressed against the inside of the shot glass. Top it all off with Guinness.

From wiki.webtender.com

• 1/2 Amaretto
  • 1/2 Bourbon
  • splash of Peach Puree

In the above order, layer into a 1 oz Shot Glass.

M
Murph posted on Thu, Feb 12, 2009 7:27 PM

Which one ya goin' to try?

A

None actually, since I don't see any that look especially good. Although I am amused by the one that calls for an ounce of lager beer in the list of ingredients, but in the mixing instructions lists Guinness, which is an ale. But whatever.

Pages: 1 2 replies