Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Save Money!! Think $$GREEN$$

Pages: 1 9 replies

CA

is this Algae, Bilge'ie??? or is this a 'Beyond' comprehension thing?? I'z never been here before..

I've found a new Religion! the $$Green$$ Religion!! as the 'Right' calls it?? If they only knew how $$Green$$ it was!! So can this Bilge grow $$green$$ to propel our children into a new! bright! clean! future!!!

Here is a very Green thing to do on this Very Red Day!! V.D. Date Night!! Move Night!! for those in LA... I just got back from the late show Opening of "FUEL" http://www.thefuelfilm.com
I'm all fired up on green fuel!

I never had much hope for the future till the end of this great documentary.

If you have children or grand children you must see the movie...

now for the BLA BLA BLA........

Kennedy sent men to the Moon!! in a freakish short time and the technology did not even exist yet!! (All in the name of national security)... This algae crap has been around since that Flop of a President Carter set it in motion during the first oil freak out in 1973!!

anyway... corn and soy bean BS is land grabbing, rain forest killing, shit...... Algae is grown in waist products that we currently pay to dispose of!! the money spent on one day of war (now seven years running) could get $$GREEN$$ plants up and running!! (they say) IF! only there were folks to buy it... Can you say national Security? Red White and Blue... Blood shed? what is more important then that??

buy? why really BUY??? YOU SAVE MONEY$$$ No import foreign oil! no drill to the center of earth in B!F!E! Or BFAlaska!!!!!! with 24 hrs of daylight they could grow their year's supply of fuel in a summer! (ok that is my own stat, but it sounds good Donuts?'Ummmmm Donuts! you still use that old veggie grease too!!) These are just to name two of countless savings of 'RENEWABLE' Fuel!! Everything shipped in the US is shipped with Diesel engines, ships, trains, trucks!

Unless we block out the sun with nuclear winter? or smog?? that algae shit will grow forever and replace everything made from current petrol.

Just do it! Less fuel prices!! = less everything!!!!!!!!! $$GREEN$$
Algae eats the CO2 from the air that we are so f'd up over (nice!), and then they say it even burns that C in the CO2 cleaner!! clean air = less sick folks less med. bills and so on... maybe even slow that Green?House thing!

aah? Who am I kidding.. this stuff will be $4 a gallon before you can say Profit!!

but we might have a pur'dy planet.........

http://www.algae-oil.com/
!!

[ Edited by: crazy al 2009-02-14 10:36 ]

S

FUEL is an amazing movie...I am fortunate to be working on the publicity for it. BUT, don't let that cloud your interpretation of my post.

For all of you biodiesel folks out there, check it out to learn about how algae provides a sustainable source of biodisel that doesn't harm the planet in any way. There's so much more to the movie, though. It was an eleven year journey for Josh Tickell and is pretty much the story of his life's passion. The movie won the Audience Award for Best Documentary at Sundance and was short-listed for an Oscar Nom this year.

And it has celebrities for those of you who like them...plus this really hilarious dude who talks about "power to the poopers"...it's worth seeing if only for that moment.

Anyway, it's playing for a one week engagement in LA at Laemlle Sunset 5 and in Santa Monica at AMC Lowes Broadway 4. Four shows a day. Oh, and Josh is going to be on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on Monday...he's a funny guy so don't miss it. He may even take the Veggie Van or the Big Green Energy Bus!!!

Be green...take your sweetie to FUEL on V-Day!

Support your local Rancher/Dairy Farmer. Cow manure to energy/saleable ash
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpXIsijbRnE

CA

cow farts are great too!! for now... but the land that it takes to feed and maintain beef and dairy sucks up to much water... and that land could feed those little skin and bone things you see flipping channels late night......

now what to do when those little things grow up healthy and have babies??? hmmmm..... we in a 'World' of hurt.....

[ Edited by: crazy al 2009-02-14 10:42 ]

air

CA

don't ere for clean air, or you will err your heir......

thank you God for Webster's spelling machine my mom gave me, or i could never save the world or be so witty as a wrapping whitey

CA

this in from Tiki Tony! ahead of his time... hasn't spent money on petrol in like 4 years!! i had more then one gas card 'bill' that was over $350 not to long ago and price is on it's way up.

he writes

Awesome to see you all fired up... (pun intended) on the green machine! I really hope the Algae fuel comes to fruition. The problems I've seen about it should be fixable with more research. They have trouble separating the water and algae oil quick enough to turn in to fuel.

The company that made my conversion on my car http://www.lovecraft.com was getting into Algae, and I was gonna drive around on the experimental algae oil for a while to test it, but they hit economic shit and couldn't afford to experiment. They're barely staying afloat if at all. I just crossed 53,000 miles on free and clean veg oil!

ok it's not free as he is running around all day getting and filtering and what ever... but he carves tikis, so he's got all that extra time, right?......

we sent men to the moon folks, and the tech. did not even exist.

economic stimulus?

R

Rad! I live pretty close to the 3rd street promenade, so I will definitely check this out!

Thanks for postin it up!

:)

S

UPDATE: FUEL has been extended in LA through March 5 and if we get just 2500 people to see it over the weekend (that's only selling out two screenings per day at one theater over the weekend) we will get WEST COAST DISTRO!!!!

We are having celebrity-hosted screenings (7 PM) at the AMC LOWES Broadway 4 in Santa Monica this weekend (Friday - Sunday) with Stephen Collins on Friday and Peter Fonda on Saturday. Tickets are the normal price ($11.50) and there's a Q&A with our filmmakers and the celebrities after the screening. I know there's lots going on this weekend, but if you can possibly get out to see this movie, please do!!

We are also showing in Irvine:
Edwards University Town Center 6
4245 Campus Drive
Irvine, CA, 92612

If you go to the last showing of the day (10 PMish) you may even score a free ticket thanks to our FUEL it Forward program that enables people at the 7 PM screening to purchase tickets and donate them to us to give to the folks milling about outside the theater before the 10 PM, or standing in line for (GASP!) other movies!

Check out this article from last week's OC Register...you might even find a comment or two in there from some of our own (Tiki Tony and Crazy Al, maybe....) http://greenoc.freedomblogging.com/2009/02/19/kick-americas-oil-addiction-we-can-do-it-filmmaker-says/4719/

Al, I hope it is OK to toss in a shout out to my french fry smellin freind, PeePee.

Do any of the listeners out there have a diesel??? Tony? Oh, wait. You have already gone and done it.

My Brohamm, Leo picked up a sweet '83 Merc diesel wagon and is in the process of making it greasy.

http://greaselmydiesel.com/

I am down with the algae. Brewing corn for fuel is just dumb. That just raises the price of the corn I want to eat. The kind on the cob, the "cremed kind", the BBQ kind at the fair, the kind at the drive-in, at the threatre. Air poppers are gonna prolly go up in price too dammit!!!!

DAAMMMMMNNNN, my corn bread too!! Even the Texas kinda corn bread with the jalapenos!!

Damn you CORNHOLIOOOO!!!!!!

Pages: 1 9 replies