Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

03-14-2009 Near-Seattle - Les Baxter's birthday bash and Northwest Harvest benefit

Pages: 1 12 replies

P

See! the new and improved Poi Dog Paradise
Hear! rump thumpin bongo beats!
Taste! yummy Pupu's and delicious volcano fuel
Touch! friends ( only with their permission :) )
Smell! mildewy but attractive retro tropical fashions

Be there or be a total L7!

Les Baxter's birthday bash and Northwest Harvest benefit, at the Poi Dog Paradise, in the house of Barbara and Robert, In Kenmore at the north end of lake washington.
( http://www.lesbaxter.com/ http://www.northwestharvest.org/ )

Saturday , March 14th, starting at 7:00pm till midnight, raffle at 10pm.

Poi Dog Paradise is about 1/2 hour east and north of seattle, in Kenmore.
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaiian_Poi_Dog )

More details on eVite, just send an email to [email protected] and we'll get an invite out ASAP. OR - call Palapala at 425-239-8346

More details will also periodically appear at http://rabosaurpapaya.spaces.live.com

Cost of admission/donation : a bag (4 to 8 items) of non-perishable foods.
$10 raffle ticket ( optional but encouraged )

100% of all foods and donations taken in will be going to Northwest Harvest.

PalaPala and Lopaka ( Barbara and Robert ) will match up to $1000 of the raffle ticket donations.

Come join us for delicious PuPus, lucious jungle juice, and "bongo throbbin" music ( Les Baxter, et al, of course! ). Hob nob
and schmooze with the coconut creme de la creme of the northwest, and feel good about yourself the day after.

For the raffle, Palapala will be including a few of her own mugs and other tropical art pieces from some
of the folks at the Kirkland art center in the raffle.
More surprises and goodies to come.

RSVP please ( through evite ), so we'll know how many buckets of booze and eats to arrange.

Ra's Blog at http://rabosaurpapaya.spaces.live.com will have updates and additional information, etc.

Make me somthing Tripical. You know,a mai-tai,with 3 shots of rum!
Is it just me, or do whales look like they're built upside down?

[ Edited by: palapala 2009-02-14 19:00 ]

[ Edited by: palapala 2009-02-15 05:45 ]

[ Edited by: palapala 2009-02-15 08:49 ]

P

Oh, ku'mon folks! this is for charity!
Is it just too far for most of you to come, o'wat?

S

I'm hoping to come.
Send the link to the evite, and I'll answer soon.
may bring 2-3 people with me too.
Pea

and can ya message me where it is so I can google. map to see how long it will take to get there?
Thanks!

P

Great, Sweetpea!
of course you can bring your friends!
Any Ohana of yours is mine,Too!
Do I need to bring in some PBR, or will you be having some jungle juice( Dirtnapples-like a light pina colada, or whatever) with us?

Just so you all know,
we have timed the trip to Pete's Monkeyskull Voodoo lounge from the poidog paradise, and it's less than a half hour,off of lake city way/522.

to further the "just so you know" Petes house is 1/2 Hr+ from south Seattle. thats a total of 2+ hrs travel time.

of course, it depends on which way you go. it may be that the freeway is faster than surface streets.

P

You do understand that Kenmore is'nt on the canadian border, I hope.

P

Btw, Just in case some of you don't know who Les baxter is,it's ok...he won't be there anyway...he was a lounge music artist back in the 60's...and he's dead... We are using his birthday as an excuse to hold this Northwest Harvest benefit event.. AND even if you don't know us, you are welcome to be here!
Lot's of ALOHA,
Palapala & Lopaka

P

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Raffle has 3 more artists out of the Kirkland arts center donating..Robert Moreno, who does some wonderful whimsical ceramics, and Pat Colyar..She has a way with clay and glazes that seems almost magical.Also, Carol Goetschel,who does some swingin' Tikicentric stuff, will also be doing something cool.
Hope to see you there!

P

Latest raffle items...
The Hawaii general store has donated a certificate good for a fresh flower lei!
you haven't lived 'till you've worn sweet smelling plumeria flown in from Hawaii!

Archee Mcphee's has kicked in a giant black devil duckie, too!
Pat Colyar's ceramic fan on Bamboo is a real class act.
Robert Moreno's fishie sculpted vase is great, too!
I will be putting up my brand new "weepin' Maui onion", and "ulalena mega" mugs.
Carol Goetschael kicked in a framed multi media picture, featuring a ceramic tiki, with a pastel tropical back round.
Still time to RSVP!

S

YAY! I wond the gift certificate for the lei!!!
Thanks much for the great food and drinkies.
Had a super time, and love the diorama!
I was good, I didn't kill the child and run off with the purse...

P

Thanx for coming,Sweetpea, and bringing your friend Kahlua with!
You are also to be commended for not throttling Maddie for that purse from the raffle, though I suspect she would have traded it for 1 pound of crispy bacon... I'll check back with her later to see if she gets bored with it.
As usual, you were fashion forward and a joy all around!
FYI, we took in $400.00 and 2 carloads of food. Lifeline got the food, and the money,along with ours and Microsoft's matching donations amounted to $1200.00.
Folks from as far away as Olympia and Goldbar came to get their Tiki on.

some pics:

Pages: 1 12 replies