Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

English Harbor Rum??

Pages: 1 12 replies

I just noticed my local rum dump is carrying "English Harbor Rum" 5yr. I have read that it has had some good reviews. Has anyone here given it a try? And what did you think? Distilled in Antigua. At 36.00 $ a pop here in Michigan I didn't want to fork over the cash without a little knowledge. Thanks.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________"Anyone who has ever seen them is thereafter haunted as if by a feverish dream" Karl Woermann

[ Edited by: uncle trav 2011-03-31 13:05 ]

Here's the website.
http://www.antiguadistillery.com/

Yes, it's good rum and is worth the $36 bucks. The 10 year is also quite nice. Cheers.

http://www.rumconnection.com
Daily News, Rum Reviews & Other Distractions

A

Watch the changing photos on the web site. Eventually one pops up that looks like some guy in a wifebeater shirt has passed out on top of his girl. I'm not sure what message they're trying to convey. LOL

S

It is okay, I got a bottle for $26, a little bit of a burn when sipping.

The bottle has not been dented much in my bar, I prefer other rums for sipping, some that are in the same price range, and I have not tried it for mixing yet.

give it a try though, you may like it.

On 2009-02-23 09:33, arriano wrote:
Watch the changing photos on the web site. Eventually one pops up that looks like some guy in a wifebeater shirt has passed out on top of his girl. I'm not sure what message they're trying to convey. LOL

...and the "nut power" photo too.

I finally obtained a bottle a while back. I think it works very well mixed and enjoyed it very much.

S

I had a bottle a while ago and I personally like it a lot.

M

On 2009-02-23 09:33, arriano wrote:

Maybe they're trying to woo the Chav demographic?

On 2011-04-02 06:12, MrBaliHai wrote:
Maybe they're trying to woo the Chav demographic?

If not with their rums, than with this product from their catalog :lol: :

That ranks right up there for cheesy liquor names with THIS wonderful brand:

Hey, That's Effen Great.

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2011-04-02 17:41 ]

MN

So, the skanky hi rollin? adverts on their site make me not want to try it. At least the name sounds classy.

do the British actually say "effen?" or just us Yanks?

Pages: 1 12 replies