Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tiki Retreat - May 2 - Lenox Mass - PICS POSTED!!

Pages: 1 19 replies

B

TIKI RETREAT!!!! In the Berkshires........May 2nd, 2009.

We just can't wait until Ohana in September, or even Hukilau in June to get together with everyone (we miss you guys!) so we're going to do a low frills, low cost, tiki getaway weekend, and we hope you'll join us.

We're all meeting up for dinner at the Luau Hale in Lenox, Mass (569 Pittsfield Road) at around 4pm on Saturday, May 2nd. Then after taking in the fantastic food, atmosphere, and AMAZING cocktails that they have to offer, we're walking back to our hotel at the Yankee Inn for a mini room crawl and shenanigans until the wee hours.

We've arranged a group rate of only $79 for the night at the Yankee Inn (461 Pittsfield Road, Lenox Mass) Call 800-835-2364 and mention the "Tiki Retreat" to get the rate.

If you've never been to the Luau Hale, you’re in for a treat. If you have, we'll you've probably stopped reading this and are already calling the Yankee Inn!!

You are, of course, welcome to just come & have dinner with us, but the drinks there are strong, so we highly suggest arranging sober transportation home...or, even better, get the room & hang with us all night.

PM me to let me know if you’re coming so we'll have a headcount for dinner, and if you’d like to host a room!

See ya in the Berkshires!

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2009-02-23 16:06 ]

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2009-05-05 05:34 ]

R

Sign us up!

K

I'm hoping we will be able to attend this!

We'll be there! Can't wait!

K

It looks like we will be able to attend this! Yay!

I went to high school in the Berkshires, in Sheffield, MA
so I am looking forward to being up in the area

and hanging out with the ohana!

[ Edited by: KikiTiki 2009-03-22 09:45 ]

Yay, I'm so excited that you can come, Kiki!

K

The hotel has both an outdoor pool and an indoor heated pool and hot tub!
So bring your suits!

We're In, can't wait..

HC

Got suit?...always!! it's become even bigger over time!

Wouldn't miss it!

H

Weather looks decent for Lenox over the weekend, too - about 60-ish.

Looking forward to it!

T

What a great day, we had a wonderful time. Thanks to Bargoyle and all the room crawl hosts for their great drinks and hospitality.

H

What a fun time! It was great to see everyone again, and meet some new (to us, anyway) folks. Big mahalos to all the organizers and hosts - you guys were terrific!

Here are a few photos...

A good time was had by all, as I think you can see! Thanks again.

S

Thank you SO MUCH for posting that photo of me!!! That's the best photo of me in years.

And, people, this was before I even had a cocktail!

Suzanne

J

All I have to say is I'm still eating bacon sandwiches. That was one hell of a retreat! Thanks to everyone who hosted and also for putting up with my screaming at TV while the Celtics were playing.

On 2009-05-04 09:29, johnman wrote:
Thanks to everyone who hosted and also for putting up with my screaming at TV while the Celtics were playing.

At least it worked...

More tiki retreat photos

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly?fid=45d505a16420f446&sid=0AcsWbRuzcsWLC2g

Good times! It was nice to see everybody again along with some new faces.
Thanks to everyone who hosted a room. The drinks were delicious!

Martiki-Bird, what was in that Honi Honi? It was yummy yummy.

Some fuzzy highlights: BELA LUGOSI, DRY ICE, BLACK SABBATH, TABUZAK WITH THE KILLER MUZAK!

Bargoyle, you are the DON KING OF DEBAUCHERY, THE BILL GRAHAM OF BOOZE (ignoring of course
the more unsavory aspects of said personalities for the sake of alliteration).
Thanks for putting together another funfest.

Aloha, baby.

[ Edited by: thunderlips 2009-05-04 15:56 ]

K

We had a blast! Thank you for organizing this weekend Bargoyle. Here are some more photos of the fun!

The Boys in Green

Luau Lasses

Luau Hale Mural, Lamp and Tiki

Ohana

Tabuzak Dj's

The Doctor is In

Smile!

Even the Chihuahua's had a great time!

Here are our photos. We had a great time and it was wonderful to see friends we don't see nearly often enough.

B

As usual, huge mahalos to all our wonderful attendees!!!

A fantastic time had by all!!

The Luau hale was great (even if they aren't music lovers lol) and the room crawl & cocktails made by our ohana were top notch, as usual.

I know I sound like a broken record, but it really IS all of you guys & gals who make these events as great as they are, and I thank you for your great attitudes, generous natures, and Aloha Spirit.

We'll see ya next month at Hukilau, or worst case, in the fall up at Lake George!!

Aloha!!!!

Pages: 1 19 replies