Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Seen at the Disneyana Shop, Mainstreet, D-Land, Anaheim

Pages: 1 45 replies

A NEW version of the RONGO Bowl, in a PMP bisque glaze --Naaaice! I like the detail:

Those boys' gone in' dunnit agin!

It's an edition of 500 and a total bargain at $40.

JB

Available at both the Disneyana shop and the Adventurland Bizarre.

JB

...and fountains!

LT

I think those look nicer than the green version. Doesn't Disney have a phone number for place orders for items available at the park?

CJ

SOLD OUT!!! Darnnit

M

They are available at the Main Street Disneyana shop, and the Adventureland Bazaar across from the Jungle Cruise exit.

[ Edited by: Miehana 2009-03-04 13:47 ]

OMG, THE Kevin Kidney, for real? I don't want to gush embarrassingly or anything, but dude, you totally rock! I'm a HUGE fan of your work. I have a soft spot for Disney and I love tiki, so your work really resonates with me. Your Miehana mug is my absolute favorite piece in my modest collection!

One question about this new very cool Rongo bowl, can it be ordered online? I'm from the East Coast and not planning a trip to D-land anytime soon :( Any hints as to how to go about getting my hands on one of these?

C

I am heading to D-land tomorrow. Looks like I won't be able to get one if they just sold out today of their current stock but I will definitely be looking for them!

C

WOAH!
Beautiful & even better than the already very nice looking green version!!

I know I'm waaaay out of the loop here, but does anyone have a photo/visual of the fountains mentioned here in this thread? I apologize for my newbie-ness to the "wide world of Tiki" and appreciate the info.

Mucho Mahalo :)

On 2009-02-24 18:56, Tikimommy wrote:
I know I'm waaaay out of the loop here, but does anyone have a photo/visual of the fountains mentioned here in this thread? I apologize for my newbie-ness to the "wide world of Tiki" and appreciate the info.

Mucho Mahalo :)

As for the Rongo Bowl, search on ebay, you may just get lucky right now..
Aloha

Oh Just ended... 99.00 PMP style..

Beachbumz, thanks for the photo & info...ooh, so close on that rongo bowl. I'll keep scouring the countryside :wink:

I just called the Disneyland park store phone # 1-800-362-4533 and purchased one. $40 + $7 shipping. DON'T PAY PAY EBAY PRICES!
DO IT TO IT!

On 2009-02-25 10:31, tiki-lee wrote:
I just called the Disneyland park store phone # 1-800-362-4533 and purchased one. $40 + $7 shipping. DON'T PAY PAY EBAY PRICES!
DO IT TO IT!

Hey Lee, Thanx loads! You are a Super Star D00D!!!!!! :D

P

I ordered a couple Rongo Bowls too, and the fountain as well. It's my birthday today, and it's my birthday present to myself. Woohoo! Can't wait! Just watch the shipping on the fountain is VERY expensive because it has to go via "collectibles" rate...never heard of that, but as long as it arrives unbroken, right?

Tiki Lee, you rock! Thanks for that number. I just ordered mine, should see it in 10 business days :)

They had 6 in stock...( Well, 5 now that I bought one...) on Main Street this afternoon. With tax it was $43 and change. They told me that they put out 6-10 a day and they sell out everyday by dinner. Just so you know, they aren't boxed like the green ones, but the ladies at the shop wrapped it up really well.

LT

Does anyone know if this new glaze makes up part of the 500 pieces originally advertised as the LE, or is this going to be another 500?

C

I got my Rongo bowl yesterday from the shop by the Tiki Room. It was boxed. I left there with a really big smile on my face :)

I have the same question as LOL Tiki, and also, to those of you who've gotten yours already, does it come with a numbered hangtag or is it stamped on the bottom? In other words, do you know what number you got out of the 500? (can you tell I can't wait the "10 business days" for mine to get aaaaallll the way to NJ? :wink:

LT

The bowls come with a hang-tag but they are unnumbered. When the original green bowls were released they also came with a small sheet that indicated that they were part of an edition limited to 500 pieces. You can see an example of that here:

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/pictures.cgi?mode=gallery&mug_id=3388

C

no number on my bowl or on the tag. It does say LE 500 on the base but not the actual number of the piece :(

Oooh, I should have thought to look in Ooga mooga. Thanks for the link, you're a font of tiki information :)
Now I'm even more stoked to get mine...has it been 10 days yet?...how 'bout now?

Well, mystery solved, thanks Catmomma. Did they have any other Tiki of interest there besides the rongo bowl and the fountain? I guess those Pele mugs are long since gone, although Ooga mooga lists them as manufactured up until "present".

dial - 1-800-362-4533
then
press 7
then
press 1
and purchased one....
$40 + $8 shipping to NY area.

Very nice
Mahalo

I just got back from Disneyland today. I picked up two bowls... one for myself, one for my brother. They had them by the shop across from the tiki room and later in the day, they had them at the Disneyana shop on main street.

Since I don't know when I will be at Disneyland next and if the new Rongo Bowls will be available the day I go, I went ahead and ordered 2 of them this morning thru their 800 number. Shipping was just 7 or 8 dollars each. Worth it to have them appear at my front door since I live 5 hours away from Orange County. I'm glad I didn't have to wait in a long line at an event to get these!
Thanks, Disneyland! I mean it! :)
Louis

TS

I went to Downtown Disney yesterday, and thought I'd give it a shot on the 1 hour shopping pass. Unfortunately, there are no more 1 hour shopping passes. They did away with the program last September. It kinda sucks, because we have used that shopping pass more than a few times to get LE merchandise that was within the park. I guess Disneyland and the guests both lose on this decision. I can figure why they canceled the shoppers pass, but it sucks for the honest, play-by-the-rules guests. There are only two ways to get this, either by entering the park with paid admission, or call Delivears at the number above.

*(Edited for a grammatical error!)

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2009-02-28 09:18 ]

On 2009-02-27 08:25, sneakyjack wrote:
dial - 1-800-362-4533
then press 7
then press 1
$40 + $8 shipping to NY area.

Thanks for the instructions. Got one this AM took all of 5 minutes.

Last year bought 2 of the green Anniversary one, one for me and one for the Mrs. I may put up one of the green ones (still new in box). Anyone interested, drop me a PM.

[ Edited by: jwtiki 2009-03-02 11:33 ]

I'm a little late to this party but wanted to mention that I successfully ordered 2 brown Rongo bowls this morning. Thanks for the dial-up instructions in this thread. The wait time was about 15 minutes. The agent said their Rongo stock was beginning to get low but that another shipment was expected soon. She also said they still have some available at the Park as of today.

Is it just me or is the two-toned brown version MUCH nicer looking than the green ones that came out last June? My wahine waited in line for 5 hours last year to get the green version and one of the fountains. Ordering over the phone is much easier. :wink:

LT

On 2009-03-10 12:34, ScarabaTiki wrote:

Is it just me or is the two-toned brown version MUCH nicer looking than the green ones that came out last June?

I agree; so far that seems to be the general consensus.

TS

i love the PMP styled 2 toned mug...Even better than the solid green glazed one. BUT, I'm not too fond of the "chocolatey/purple" glossy glaze...The standard brown color they used on prior mugs would have "tied" the mug together a bit better.

On 2009-02-26 14:40, aquaorama wrote:
They had 6 in stock...( Well, 5 now that I bought one...) on Main Street this afternoon. With tax it was $43 and change. They told me that they put out 6-10 a day and they sell out everyday by dinner. Just so you know, they aren't boxed like the green ones, but the ladies at the shop wrapped it up really well.

They come in a box just ask for one in the back.

I went to Disneyland last weekend and got a bowl at the shop across from the Tiki Room. They had them already wrapped up in boxes at check-out and the cashier said they were selling pretty briskly.

There was also one of the sought-after tiki fountains on display. I asked about it but they weren't sure if they still had them in stock.

up date: today no more Rongo bowls better luck tomorrow for tomorrow is another day for those who don't have them yet. Fountains still avail. at the Bazaar in Adventureland. So keep calling the park, don't give up. It's worth it not to pay eBay prices if ya don't have to.

On 2009-03-11 14:25, Tom Slick wrote:
i love the PMP styled 2 toned mug...Even better than the solid green glazed one. BUT, I'm not too fond of the "chocolatey/purple" glossy glaze...The standard brown color they used on prior mugs would have "tied" the mug together a bit better.

"chocolatey/purple"?? Mine have no "Purple" tint at all just a very handsome brown that matches perfect and I bet the best is yet to come.

** I was at Disneyland again on Thurs. Mar 26th no mugs in stock today. maybe tomorrow for those still in search. The park still has a few Fountain's some are avail. at the Bazaar in Adventureland.

TS

Yea, mine has a very slight "tinge" of purplesque color. Don't get me wrong..I LOVE the bowl..haha...But I just think that maybe the "pele mug"-colored brown would have been another great combo...(I gotta thank Chris again, for picking it up for me! It is a valued piece of my collection!) I will be heading to Disneyland the 3rd weekend in April for my birthday, and will probably upgrade my free entry to a premium annual passport. It will be the first passport I've owned for the park!

I'm going to DL on Sunday, I hope to pick one up. We'll see if they have any.

T

I was at Disneyland on the 16th, no Rongo Bowls at Disneyana, but one on display at the Aventureland Bazaar, plus one boxed behind the counter that I purchased.

Went to Disneyland yesterday, the 27th and no Rongos to be had anywhere!

They still have the fountain on display in both places, though.

No Rongo bowls to be had. :( the guy in the Adventureland Bazaar said they haven't had them for a couple of weeks(?).

Check Disneyana on Main Street. They had the brown Rongo bowls today.

Damn! I didn't have time to go shopping on Main Street - had to get a rental kid home. I have to go back this weekend now ... ahhhh, too bad for me, huh? :wink:

Don't sweat yet - there were at least 2 rongo bowls at disneyana on main today.

T

To my fellow TC friends,

My friend who is a fan of tiki and a huge fan of Disney some how broke her Tiki Room Rongo Bowl. Please let me know by PM if you have one for sale and will pass the info on to her.

Thank you,
Tikitatt

Mahalo,
Tikitatt

[ Edited by: Tikitatt 2011-01-12 08:27 ]

Pages: 1 45 replies