Viva la Tamoure!

Z
Zeta posted on Mon, Mar 23, 2009 11:29 PM

Youpi ya Tamoure!

Who's got some Tamoure?

S

On 2009-03-23 23:29, Zeta wrote:

Who's got some Tamoure?

I had some. But the pills I got from the doctor cleared it up.

Zeta, you find some amazing stuff!!! Thanks for posting the pics.

squid

Z
Zeta posted on Fri, Mar 27, 2009 10:10 AM

Gracias Squid! It is my pleasure to share this pictures with talented artists like you. I do it for the feedback, hopefully others will keep showing their records... It is not easy to find this stuff, I rarely find doubles... I am sorry to hear about your Tamoure collection... Do you took pictures of them?

Z
Zeta posted on Sat, Apr 4, 2009 12:51 AM

Tambores de la jungla

Morton Gould
Made in Spain

some dutch 45 covers.. more to follow soon..

some italian 45 covers:

B
basilh posted on Wed, Apr 8, 2009 2:39 AM

Would THIS 10" album be the FIRST issue of LES BAXTER AND HIS ORCHESTRA " LE SACRE DU SAUVAGE " 10" CAPITOL RECORDS LC 6543 ?

That is definitely an early issue.

Some of the early Capitol 10" LP's actually came with a plain blue cover. They were shortly replaced with a more picturesue cover. I have never seen one with those illustrations though. Nice find!

Is it a UK import?

Any way I can get a nice jpeg of that cover for my research?

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Z
Zeta posted on Thu, Apr 9, 2009 4:35 PM

lemonsqueezer and basilh, Mahalo for sharing!
Jeff Central, what are you waiting for? I bet you have some European beauties in your collection!

On 2009-04-09 16:35, Zeta wrote:
lemonsqueezer and basilh, Mahalo for sharing!
Jeff Central, what are you waiting for? I bet you have some European beauties in your collection!

Yeah, I got a few nice ones.

I will post shortly. It's been real busy over here lately but I will join the fun soon!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Apr 14, 2009 11:20 AM

I know it is not exotica, but it is exotic...

Elvis Aloha from Hawaii via Satellite
Made in Spain, (different cover) Rare, not cheap... Lots of Elvis fans out there!

I have many more records to share, but I'm feeling lonely here!

On 2009-04-14 11:20, Zeta wrote:

I have many more records to share, but I'm feeling lonely here!

Here ya go Zeta..............

Brazilian ep with picture sleeve

French import of The Soul of the Drums LP

English import of a Les Baxter Hits LP

Les Baxter with the 101 Strings LP (Que Mango)?

Another English import of a Les Baxter Hits LP

There are a few other English import LP's as well all with different covers. Enjoy!!

I'll have more soon. I even have a copy of Les Baxter's Soul of the Drums "without" the nude girl!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Here is my ALL TIME favorite Martin Denny cover of Afro-Desia!!! :)

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Jan 5, 2010 12:46 AM

Aloha (same typeface as the ALOHA from Barcelona)

Fernand Lapierre
I don't have a clue who this gentleman is... if you do, please tell moi.

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Jan 5, 2010 8:47 AM

The Big Ben Hawaiian Band

When you dream about Hawaii

That Afrodesia cover is really a knock out! Does that Fernand Lapierre back cover have a location credit? That wall looks like a Kon Tiki/Luau -type entrance hut, could be the Montreal Kon Tiki.

On 2010-01-05 13:47, bigbrotiki wrote:
That Afrodesia cover is really a knock out! Does that Fernand Lapierre back cover have a location credit? That wall looks like a Kon Tiki/Luau -type entrance hut, could be the Montreal Kon Tiki.

Fernand la Pierre is an organist from Montreal.
So, you are prabably right. Caramba con Bigbro.....

Arthur Lyman´ "Amor en venta/Love for sale"

Chaino German comp.

Ken Olomo Hawaiians "Von Tahiti bis Hawaii"

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Feb 2, 2010 5:51 PM

On 2010-01-06 11:08, Mister Naufrago wrote:

On 2010-01-05 13:47, bigbrotiki wrote:

Fernand la Pierre is an organist from Montreal.
So, you are prabably right. Caramba con Bigbro.....

Here's the back cover.

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Feb 2, 2010 5:53 PM

There is no mention of where the picture was taken.

That Tiki is hard to see, and such a generic Ku...it could have been one of the Tikis at the Kon Tiki, but that is not conclusive evidence. However, here is a photo of the Luau entrance hut that was put into the Hanalei courtyard in 1980. I believe that some of Steve Crane's Kon Tikis duplicated this concept from their flagship restaurant:

Compare the material (even if the bamboo is darker) and the construction. The wall that the peacock chair on the LP cover is set against is curved in the same manner. And then that cocktail he is holding sure looks like that green bomb in this Steve Crane Kon Tiki menu:

:)

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2010-02-03 08:43 ]

Z
Zeta posted on Sat, Feb 6, 2010 10:21 PM

I would say that's the same green cocktail in his hand and in the menu... So, I wonder what's the story behind that picture and visit. We need some Canadians here.

it's the same story than with other mainland performers that felt the need to ad their own to the endless list of "Hawaiian" albums:
For the cover, they were placed into the closest approximation of Hawaii on the mainland: The American Tiki Temple.

This place just keeps getting hipper by the nanosecond. Thank you for sharing.

The Hula Hawaiians from Switzerland:

see here:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=40977&forum=11&4

mahalo,
HT

"DIE!! hula hawaiians, .... DIE !!"

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2011-08-29 12:36 ]

Is the masked Wahine stealing the palm tree?

On 2011-08-29 12:35, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
"DIE!! hula hawaiians, .... DIE !!"

well..."Die" doesn't really mean the same in german :wink:

here we have "THE Hula Hawaiians",
canadian pressing

Nice collection Helve Tiki! And thanks for digging up this great thread again, I had almost forgotten about it!

H

some 45's from my record cabinet:

mahalo,
HT

L
Luki posted on Thu, Sep 8, 2011 8:25 AM

Wow Helve, all three of those covers are fabulous!

But...where's the tattoo in the first one?!

K

A recent acquisition.."Euro-Exotica" out of Poland. "Siezyc Na Tahiti" or Moon Over Tahiti." The artist is listed as Marka Sewena, but it's a full orchestra with some nice exotic arrangements including wordless female trilling.

1. Aloha Oe
  2. Hawaiian Dance [Hanohano Hanalei]
  3. Cubanacan
  4. Strangers In The Night
  5. Ali-Alo
  6. Hawaiian Orchid
  7. Moon Over Tahiti [Pagan Love Song]
  8. Polynesian Dance
  9. When Allah Came
  10. Love, This Is My Song
  11. Stage Lights [I know this as "Terry Theme" from Limelight]
  12. La Paloma

K

Love the cover on this French LP I recently got. "Guitares Des Iles" by Angelo et ses guitares Hawaiennes.

Aloha,
here some 7 inch records i found recently:

The Waikikis from Belgium, early sixties:

The Kon-Tiki Quartett from Switzerland, this is from 1966.

The Aloma Hawaiians from Switzerlnad.. must be from the seventies.

Mahalo,
HT

B

On 2009-03-10 06:54, Zeta wrote:
Basilh, Thank you soo much for devoting a life to such beautiful music. Also, thank you for sharing pictures and information, please keep doing so. Muchas gracias amigo! Now, I have two questions... Where are those pictures taken? and, have you ever been to any Hawaiano o Polinesio bar in Spain ?
I assume your Euro-exotica and Euro-hawaiian record collection must be huge... Please show us! Gracias again!

Mister Naufrago, you know I read your blog, no need to make excuses like that to shamelessly promote yourself. :roll:

Well, firstly I have just fixed most of the broken links in my posts, but i'm still working on that.
Secondly, If we were to visit Spain, where in Spain would you suggest that Pat and myself would be able to play our music ?

[ Edited by: basilh 2014-05-19 17:41 ]

On 2014-05-19 17:40, basilh wrote:

On 2009-03-10 06:54, Zeta wrote:
Basilh, Thank you soo much for devoting a life to such beautiful music. Also, thank you for sharing pictures and information, please keep doing so. Muchas gracias amigo! Now, I have two questions... Where are those pictures taken? and, have you ever been to any Hawaiano o Polinesio bar in Spain ?
I assume your Euro-exotica and Euro-hawaiian record collection must be huge... Please show us! Gracias again!

Mister Naufrago, you know I read your blog, no need to make excuses like that to shamelessly promote yourself. :roll:

Well, firstly I have just fixed most of the broken links in my posts, but i'm still working on that.
Secondly, If we were to visit Spain, where in Spain would you suggest that Pat and myself would be able to play our music ?

[ Edited by: basilh 2014-05-19 17:41 ]

Mr. Henriques I PM you.

Z
Zeta posted on Fri, Sep 2, 2016 4:02 PM

...And then?

Pages: 1 2 3 133 replies