Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Aloha in Spain!

Pages: 1 2 replies

TM

I have been reading the posts by Arriano, Zeta and others regarding Tiki in Spain...makes me very happy! You see, I am one of your long lost cousins! My family is from Southern Spain, and I was the first one born here. Of course, Lucas Vigor is not my real name. I have a Spanish name. Just nice to see some "paisanos" here on this forum!

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Feb 24, 2009 4:54 PM

Aloha hermano! Habla EspaƱol? I am Basque (north of Spain and south of France), but borned and raised in Mexico City. I have the double citizenship and like a swallow, following good weather, spend half of the time in Madrid and the other half in Mexico City. my parents left Spain because of the Spanish civil war and fascist dictator Franco. They came to Mexico because It was (still is) a neutral and beautiful country that welcomed thousands of exiled from everywhere, specially Spain. I have an uncle that went to California (U.S.A.) and worked "in the movies"...
Tiki was HUGE in Spain in the 60's and 70's, you can still visit some "Bares Polinesios"
Hasta luego amigo!

TM

Magnifico! My family suffered greatly under Franco. I grew up hearing the stories about firing squads, etc. All of them featuring my relatives, unfortunately. They were on the other side. My last name is of Basque origin. but half my family are Roma. You know what that means. Tiki in Spain! Very cool subject! I would like to hear more about it!

Pages: 1 2 replies