Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

French tiki

Pages: 1 1 replies

V

I have this passion for marquesan tikis, after staying in Tahiti for a couple of years practice as an architect for deluxe resorts (check the BORA BORA NUI RESORTS in Bora Bora, I took part in the original conception of this jewel for an Architectural studio based in Punaauia near papeete!! ).
Check my blog http://www.tahitiblues.blogspot.com which presents hundreds of pages of information, photos, waterpaintings, ske

It's written in french, but feel free to contact me if you want any tip or information!!!

Let's come back to the subject of my topic: browsing the Net, I found a french sculptor based in "Bretagne" on the West coast of France.
This artist is specialized in sculpting tikis on "OPINEL" wooden knifes.

this brand of knifes is known for ages by french scouts!!!(for decades if not a century ago!!)

I had my own one about 35 years ago on which I had engraved my name!
But Ronan (his name) does more clever things of his knives!!! He sculpts real original polynesian tikis.
I just bought 2 of them, of is more Hawaiian than marquesan!!
You can just order any model, and I suppose he can also do sculptures after your drawings (not too sure!! check on my blog for his data/ click on the title for his address and phone number)

Brillant, aren't they???

stephane

Z
Zeta posted on Wed, Feb 25, 2009 7:19 AM

Brilliant, I agree. I bet many carvers here at TC are going to borrow the idea. The darker one seems to be a moai kava kava from Easter Island. The other one looks Marquesan to me. Nice to meet you vanzac! Keep posting!

Pages: 1 1 replies