Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

What to do with Havana Club?

Pages: 1 8 replies

I recently went to Cancun Mexico for a sales meeting and was able to bring back 2 bottles of Havana Club Cuban rum, one Grand Reserva and one Anjeo 7 year. What recipes would call for either....or does anyone have suggestions besides a Mojito, maybe more tiki related? Any help would be great.

its a good sipper - both

also good in mai tais

mix with one ingredient like ginger ale or ginger beer

its just smooth and hard to get in US which makes it desireable!

in joy

Both are great rums. I would drink them with a couple of ice cubes and nothing else.

http://www.rumconnection.com
Daily News, Rum Reviews & Other Distractions

[ Edited by: Rum Connection 2009-02-25 22:37 ]

I use Havana Club 7 often in Mai Tais, its a very nice rum, good for sipping as well and in drinks that calls for a dark rum which is on the light side yet flavorful.

I picked up 2 bottles of the Havava Club 7 on a recent trip to Canada. I have tried it in a Bali Hai Mai Tai, but think that drink does benefit from something darker and more dominating like the Meyer's Dark. Worked fine in a Cuba Libre, but even with a Mexican (cane sugar) coke it probably was a little bit of a waste of a fine rum.

Sipping it neat is mighty fine and highly recommended. On the rocks as well.

Have yet to try it in a traditonal Mai Tai since my mint sprouts are only half inch bonsai sprouts at this writing.

FYI in Canada the Havana Club was $31C or about $25 US per bottle. What was it in Mexico? Don't know how the Canadians survive, at the same store a six pack of PBR was $13.75C! Thank goodness I brought my own beverages from the states or my ski trip would have been much more expensive!

I paid 19$ for the gran reserva and 29$ for the anjeo. Not to bad I think. So far I have opened the Anejo 7 year and drank it straight....pretty good, but how does it compare with Bacardi Anjeo which I have never had?

Last June, when I went to Toronto I got a bottle of Havana Club 7 year dark rum. I wasn't sure that I could bring it back so I decided to share it with friends, and make some drinks, but the Booze store didn't have any mixers I was used to having here.

So I made a drink with 3 oz. of Dark rum,
1 Oz. of soda water,
1 Oz. of fresh lime juice
1 heaping tablespoon of Brown sugar
and a few sprigs of mint,slapped of course.

after 3 or 4, I lost count.
:wink:
I was very very happy that I had found Havana Club dark rum.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

V

I use 7 years in Daiquiris, fantastic.

You do know that both of those are illegal in USA?? Please ship both bottles to me and I'll make sure both are turned over to the proper authorities:)

Pages: 1 8 replies