Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Looking for Pittsburgh Rum Lovers

Pages: 1 5 replies

J

I live in Pittsburgh and if you do too then you know that the selection of rum in Pennsylvania is limited. However you can order most rums, but there is a limited order of at least 6 bottles on a lot of them(Lemon Hart 151). So I am looking for others in Pittsburgh to help split some of these orders. If you're interested, let me know.

Thanks,
Jon

Aloha Jon!

It's funny that you mention it. I, too, inquired about getting special order rum (Lemon Hart 151) at the State Store on Smithfield St downtown. The employee there (who looked like he knew what he was talking about) told me that even though the website said that you had to order 6 bottles, the actual store can order you just one if you wanted....you just have to put down 51% of the cost, and then the balance when you pick up. I haven't tried yet, but will soon. Let me know if you have any luck!

Derek

Anyway...

I have just entered the world of fine rums. I have tried Zaya on my travels and it will be my next purchase. You are right that good rums are hard to find in the Keystone State let alone the Burgh. Are there any other brands besides Lemon Hart 151 you were wanting to order?

I use a bottle of Barcardi's 151 just for Mai-Tais. How does the Lemon Hart compare?

There is no comparison. Bacardi 151 is good for the center of your volcano bowl....Lemon Hart is good for the center of your stomach!

Good to know...

Barcardi 151 for fire show.

Lemon Hart 151 for fire belly!

My state store told me I had to buy 6 bottles also. I would be up for one or two if we can get together and have a Mai tai party to distribute the order!

Pages: 1 5 replies