Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Petaluman tiki hounds at Bamboo Hut 05/04/09

Pages: 1 22 replies

Z

Zero here... I live in Petaluma, California, & I know there are a few tikiheads out here (you know who I'm talkin' about, benski). I would like to get us together for discussion of things tiki, maybe an impromptu swap, nothing huge. Maybe we could meet at the Tonga room before it goes away...

ideas?

~Zero

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2009-04-28 12:32 ]

Sure, just a little advance notice OK ?

Z

Definately! just want to figure out how many of us are floating around... I know we always sell out of tiki magazine at the bookstore I work at, so I know you guy's are out there...

Aloha ZeroTiki!
Always great to see another Tiki enthusiast up here in NorthBay!! We live in Santa Rosa, and I know there are a couple more TC'ers in your area (Petaluma, Pt Reyes, and Marin). It would be fun to get a little group gathered together to talk about our Tiki persona.

Currently, we are fulfilling our annual Hawaiiana fix on Maui and plan to start prepping our backyard for spring/summer gatherings soon.

A group outing to the Tonga Room sounds like a perfect adventure and setting for us to talk story. I know the greater Bay Area TC ohana always welcome a gathering at the Tonga Room and would gladly join us!

Welcome to TC, ZeroTiki!
Aloha,
Myke

I will monitor this thread for the North NorCal invasion of Tonga. I & The Mister will do our best to join y'all.

T

Count me among the ranks of Petaluman tiki-philes! I'm trying to swing a visit to the Tonga Room on Friday (I work in SF). Good to see I'm not alone up here in the "Northern Territory"!

Weird Unc, checking in from Napa Valley! Big Aloha to the Northbay tiki enthusiasts!

-Weird Unc

Z

Used to live in Napa... All of us northern Kanes & Wahines should be more involved! with all the rain, we should be enjoying our inner tropics, yeah?

Tell you what... Next post I put on this thread will be a date far enough ahead that we can make room on our schedules for it, and some main ideas for the meet. Any ideas or input about future gettogethers would be appreciated, too.

~Zero

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2009-03-04 08:48 ]

Z

OK, Kanes & Wahines in Petaluma!
... here's my idea...

Petaluna~tikis,
let's figure on meeting

Tuesday, May 5th, at:

The Tonga room/Hurricane bar
950 Mason St
San Francisco, CA 94108

around, say, 7PM?

And just to make it interesting let's all bring one common mug for possible trade. Be sure it has an interesting story, or that you do, so we can have a fun discussion of general tiki~ana.

Any changes/ideas/additions? Post 'em now! Let's do this thing!

See you at the bar

Aloha
~~Zero

Z

Anyone going to come? Is this a bad time or day? I've never set up something like this, so forgive my nervousness.

Hoping to see you there,
~Zero

I guess I missed the meet up. I live in San Rafael, my neighbor across the street is a Tikiphile too. I know of a few others as well. Let's all pool our money together and re-open "Mambo's" as a full on Tiki bar! It already has most of the tiki-style interior finished.
Ok- so I am dreaming.

[ Edited by: Sammytiki 2009-03-16 11:39 ]

Actually you didn't miss it....it's tentatively planned for May 5th.

ZeroTiki, that could actually work for me....I'll know more the closer we get to the date. Let's try and make it happen!

Crap! I just found out that the Tonga Room is closed on Tuesdays. So, what do you think, folks? Change the date, or change the venue? I work at my day job Wed-Sun, but I'm sort of flexible....

~Zerotiki

I work in the city 5 days a week so any weeknight is as good as the next with enough notice. As for venues, if Tonga Room doesn't work, there's always The Bamboo Hut on Broadway next to the Highball Lounge. I haven't been there in years but it's definately got the vibe.

Z

Just checked out the Bamboo Hut site- very cool! Do you know if they have mugs for sale as well?
~Zero

Also, we might want to consider Monday the 4th instead of Tuesday the 5th. Cinco de Mayo might be...hectic.

~Z.

[ Edited by: zerotiki 2009-03-20 09:17 ]

OK~Revised plan.

Monday, May 4th
not Cinco de Mayo
at the Bamboo Hut
479 Broadway
San Francisco, CA 94133
starts at 7 PM-bring stories.
Alohawear required
OK, not required, but a plus...

I'm bringing a mug- a common one, but one with a story.
Feel free to do the same!

~Zero
PS- make sure they are somewhat intact...

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2009-03-23 19:03 ]

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2009-03-26 00:13 ]

It's on my calendar! Good call avoiding the 5th...that would be insane!

Z

Coolness! See you there, bra!
~Zero

Monday, May 4th
not Cinco de Mayo
at the Bamboo Hut
479 Broadway
San Francisco, CA 94133
starts at 7 PM-bring stories.
Alohawear required
OK, not required, but a plus...

I'm bringing a mug- a common one, but one with a story.
Feel free to do the same!

You don't have to be from Petaluma
It should be interesting to see which north bay-ers are out there!

Hope to see you there,
~Zero

B
Bincho posted on Fri, May 1, 2009 7:30 PM

Aloha- Bincho here in West Novato- Surfacing for the season.
Man, I been too busy.

Add me to the Northbay list, and if anyone is interested in chatting while spring cleaning the outdoor bar I am up for it... I am raising the bamboo beams slowly...

T

So I just got word that I will most likely be working late tonite.....not good. So I'll be showing up late...if at all. Am keeping my fingers crossed because I could really use a Monday Mai Tai!!!!

Z

Wow. Really...wow. Just drove to SF in the pouring rain to spend 2 hours with the bartender, my wife(a non-tiki fan who wondered why we were doing this anyway), & a bedraggled hooker.

Good times.

letting others set up events from now on,
~Zero

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2009-05-04 22:54 ]

T

Sorry Zero! See my previous post. Was all set to go with a mug and my finest Aloha shirt....but da man kept me down. Didn't get out of work until well after 11:30pm. Sorry you had to spend the evening solo but at least you were in nice surroundings! Maybe a Saturday would have worked out better after all. We'll get another one going!

Pages: 1 22 replies