Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Song on Trader Vics website

Pages: 1 15 replies

T

Does anyone know the Song on Trader Vics website??

Pretty girls???

LOVE IT!!!

[ Edited by: tikiace 2009-02-27 21:28 ]

CJ

On 2009-02-27 21:28, tikiace wrote:
Does anyone know the Song on Trader Vics website??

Pretty girls???

LOVE IT!!!

[ Edited by: tikiace 2009-02-27 21:28 ]

HA! I was going to ask the same thing about an hour ago...what does bongo tomatoes mean anyhow?

T

Please somebody.......I gotta know!!!
Where are you aficionados?

Totally clewless here, tikiace...

...but if you want a nifty 1:27 cut from off of T.V.'s "looping" theme song, click this and follow the link in Thunderlips' post for a download. (I think it defaults to open with QuickTime, but I changed mine to segue into iTunes. They were thoughtful enough to even include a swell Tiki that displays as "album art" too!) :tiki:

So anyway, although the artist/title may not be known -- Vic's mystery tune now resides happily on my Nano.

Belated Cheers, Thunderlips! :drink: ...and uh -- Bongo tomatoes forever! :D

T

You are not alone! I was wondering about the Trader Vic's song too! I'm going to try to download it also... Any idea how to make a ringtone out of it for a cellphone?

[ Edited by: Tikimommy 2009-03-05 13:05 ]

T

Hey, it worked!! Thanks Bambu and belated thanks to Thunderlips :wink: Now that it's on my computer, I need to figure out how to get in on my phone...

On 2009-03-05 13:16, Tikimommy wrote:
...Now that it's on my computer, I need to figure out how to get in on my phone...

heh. I'm incredibly techno-challenged!

I thought about trying the ringtone thing too, but I figured I had two chances: Slimski and Noneski -- and Slimski just left town...

I see a post here about a program to convert files to ringtones -- but usually when I try to understand, they may as well be speaking to me in Click... :)

C
croe67 posted on Fri, Mar 6, 2009 6:04 AM

go to Myxer.com - stupid simple to make anything into a ringtone for free.....I've used it alot - works great...

On 2009-03-06 06:04, croe67 wrote:
go to Myxer.com - stupid simple to make anything into a ringtone for free.....I've used it alot - works great...

Whoa! Cool! Muchas Mahalo for the tip!! :)

I need all the help I can get.

Yeah, I may be dumb -- but I'm stupid, too! :D

Sounding like one of those old-timers... this song was discussed on TC sometime back... I'm too old to search for it... I think the conclusion was that it was created for the website... but then my memory's goin'...

T

Hey, thanks for the tips! I am also incredibly techno challenged, but i'll give it a try. I figure I'll end up with either a really cool ringtone, or my microwave will play the trader vic's song when stuff is done cooking :wink: I'll let you know how it turns out.

On 2009-02-27 22:05, Coco Joe wrote:

what does bongo tomatoes mean anyhow?

Boobs

T

Thanks people....downloaded it.
Got it now. I'm happy.
We may never know who or what that song is.

D

You know there was a Trader Vic's 10" LP that comes up on Ebay every once in a blue moon. I wonder if it is a cut from that? Jeff Central might know!!! Calling Jeff Central!!!

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

[ Edited by: Digitiki 2009-03-09 13:26 ]

Hey, that link is no longer active. Anybody happen to have a copy?

Nope, not the Trader Vic's 10". That was by Bing Crosby.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Pages: 1 15 replies