Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Pages: 1 11 replies

Here's everything we'll need...

http://www.promadvice.com/promadvice/#six

I don't know what is making more sad:

That they're selling "Totally Tiki" prom-kits to the kids, or that if we did have a TC prom, I don't have a date. :(

I'd be one of the 'bad kids', drinking in the parking lot, my blender full of Suffering Bastard hotwired into the car battery....

...

On 2003-03-28 12:49, tikibars wrote:
I'd be one of the 'bad kids', drinking in the parking lot, my blender full of Suffering Bastard hotwired into the car battery....

Ah, memories. I was always the type to run around getting 'hepped up on goofballs', drinking heavily, having laughs with pals, then ending the night with a tragic 'Morrissey Moment' when I realised all the smoothies had been making moves all night towards the 'hot chicks' and I'd left it far too late....

Trader Woody

Morrissey Moment...what, did you kill the DJ?
(hang, whatever...)

[ Edited by: purple jade on 2003-03-28 13:11 ]

T

On 2003-03-28 12:49, tikibars wrote:

I'd be one of the 'bad kids', drinking in the parking lot, my blender full of Suffering Bastard hotwired into the car battery....

Fear not, my tiki friend!! You no longer have to be tethered to your car battery thanks to this

On 2003-03-28 12:49, tikibars wrote:
I don't know what is making more sad: That they're selling "Totally Tiki" prom-kits to the kids, or that if we did have a TC prom, I don't have a date. :(

That's OK, I wouldn't have a date either. And my prom dress is waaaaay too small for me now. :)

--cyn

Oh, no no no. I'm thinking more of the Smiths in contemplaintive times, wher Mozzer is sad and stuff. An average young memory of mine around that era involves throwing ashtrays back and forth at my pals in nightclubs, then suddenly wondering 3 minutes from home why I didn't have a girlfriend!

It's an odd thing to describe, but it's the fun of having such a great time with your friends that you ignore another, perhaps softer part of your life.

OK, I'll put the onions away.

Trader Woody

Oh, I know what you meant, Woody, I was trying to be clever. And not succeeding all too well, apparently...
Haven't we all had those Morrissey Moments?
Anyway, let's make nominations for Prom King and Queen!

A

On 2003-03-28 14:12, cynfulcynner wrote:

On 2003-03-28 12:49, tikibars wrote:
I don't know what is making more sad: That they're selling "Totally Tiki" prom-kits to the kids, or that if we did have a TC prom, I don't have a date. :(

That's OK, I wouldn't have a date either. And my prom dress is waaaaay too small for me now. :)

--cyn

Maybe you two should go together.

On 2003-03-28 14:10, TikiMel wrote:

On 2003-03-28 12:49, tikibars wrote:

I'd be one of the 'bad kids', drinking in the parking lot, my blender full of Suffering Bastard hotwired into the car battery....

Fear not, my tiki friend!! You no longer have to be tethered to your car battery thanks to this

I have been trying to decide if this is a gag or not.

I think it is real!

I like how they list the horsepower and torque to lure in the macho gearheads.

"I may have a blender in my truck, but I am still a MAN!"

I may have to bring one of these down to Mondo Tiki... or, of course, the Tiki Prom.

Hey Tikibars, I don't have a date either.

So why not show up with a Cynner on one arm and a Vixen on the other? Sounds like a step up from high school to me!!!

Cindy, my prom dress was a hideous white lacy Jessica McClintock. Bought at the last moment, on sale, with great loathing. I think it laid a curse on my romantic life which endures to this day.

I wanted to wear a clingy deep red 40's gown and vintage alligator platforms, and I got a cheap 70's bridesmaid dress.

Ugh.

We really ought to do a Tiki Prom, with all the wonderful 50's sarong dresses we can hunt up. (I've extras...) And no tuxes unless they're tapa! 8)

--Lisa

On 2003-03-31 22:49, tikivixen wrote:
Cindy, my prom dress was a hideous white lacy Jessica McClintock. Bought at the last moment, on sale, with great loathing. I think it laid a curse on my romantic life which endures to this day.

When I was a sophomore, I went to the senior prom at another school. I wore this frightening white lace over satin long dress with a HUGE bow on the back. (Think of Madonna performing "Like a Virgin" at the 1984 MTV awards.) It got recycled into a fairy godmother costume for Halloween a few years later.

Pages: 1 11 replies