Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Early 60s Ford T-Bird (Tiki Bird) Convertible in L.A. area?

Pages: 1 13 replies

I am running out of options, so here is a general call: WHO can help me with finding the above type of car for a Tiki shoot in L.A. next week? If you don't have one, do you know anyone in the L.A. area who does? Does not need to be cherry, rather a daily driver. Here's the Tiki tie-in:

D

did you try the thunderbird clubs?
http://www.tbird.org/clubs.htm#californ

In the copy it states "1963 Thunderbird four door sedan". Interesting since the 1963
was only offered in two door. If you film in Seattle you can use my 1961 T-Bird.

TT

Shag/josh agle had one...

Yeah. Emphasis on HAD. It's funny, this car seemed fairly common in the vintage car pool, I remember seeing them around on a regular basis, now I can't find one.

D

Sven: there are several convertible 'birds on craigslist for sale, perhaps you can contact them and ask if they'd want to be in your shoot.

Thanks Elicia, great idea. Spike, I had a faint memory of seeing your car in conjunction with some neighborhood pics (?) here. Unfortunately your link says this:
"This photo cannot be viewed because it has either been deleted or marked as private by the user."

p.m. me with further info please.

To specify my request, it can be a '60, '61, '62, or '63 T-bird, but it needs to be a rag top, we can't afford a car rig to light the interior of a hard top.

damn....... sorry.....
Yeah, it's not a rag top, but just for your viewing pleasure...
It's a '62.....

and how it looks now..... New tires and wheels and skirts..... It's getting there....

Is there anyway I can shoot the pictures for you? Below is my 1961 T-bird.

Now I remember: It was you, Tiki Riviera, who posted those "my car in my new neighborhood" pics! Watcha doin' with a convertible in SEATTLE !? Gitcher butt back down here, pal!

Thanks for offering to help, but the task of getting that car AND the Tiki Ti in one shot is too big for both of us.

Lucky, I love the way you blued out the sky above Sam's (Kona/Don's), really makes it looks like old postcards.

On 2009-03-06 13:11, tiki-riviera wrote:
my 1961 T-bird.

omg - what a beauty !

On 2009-03-06 13:28, bigbrotiki wrote:
Thanks for offering to help, but the task of getting that car AND the Tiki Ti in one shot is too big for both of us.

Sven,

Sounds interesting, what's the project all about?

DC

Pages: 1 13 replies