Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

What's Your Favorite Tiki Drink?

Pages: 1 23 replies

I figured you all might have an opinion on this topic. :) I recently posted this very question on KP, but feel free to just answer in here. After a quest of syrup-like proportions, I couldn't just pick one but instead went for several.

http://www.kaiserpenguin.com/whats-your-favorite-tiki-drink/

Ya tuff one .....Cant beat a zombie!, but a blue hawaiian is a winner as well !
BUT since getting back from FRANKIES TIKI ROOM I have to throw this one in the "TIKI BANDIT" ! AWSOME!

K
KuKu posted on Fri, Mar 13, 2009 6:29 PM

Mai Tai, as it is, as it was, as it shall ALWAYS be... :drink:

Navy Grog and Ray's Mistake!!!!

Howdy Kaiserpenguin! Great site you have over there. You might find this Top 10 thread useful.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=19070&forum=10&hilite=top%20%20tiki

Some for me: Mai Tai of course, Pain Killer, my own bastardization of a Chief Lapu Lapu and Spindrift, and an adaption of Pieces of Eight with more rum and orgeat.

N

my favourite everything - writers, albums, food - tend to change.
Since our SoCal visit last December I've been enjoying Lapu Lapu's in the home-bar and fondly remember Ray's Mistake and that apple-pie tasting drink from the Tiki Ti (151 Swizzle?).

All time faves are Planter's Punch, Rangoon Gimlet and, of course, The Reverb Crash.

Navy Grog TV's version.
or
Captian's Grog at Forbidden Island

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Z

Short hoist- quick and tasty!

Lovely, Lovely page 85 Sippin' Safari yummmm.........

A few faves: TV's Mai Tai, Nui Nui, Navy Grog, Sidewinder's Fang.

TV's Mai Tai, Don's Rum Barrel and the Sidewinders Fang . . . in no particular order.

Surprisingly, the Navy Grog. With Pimento Dram, it is such a uniquely wonderful drink.

Black Magic - Mai Kai!

I tend to lean toward Don the Beachcomber's Rum Barrel and Jet Pilot with the Jet Pilot getting more play because I lean toward the lazy side of bar tending.

W

Mine is the DG Special, but that's just because I used to make it for friends. Of the more widly known drinks... a Mai Tai made with Sailor Jerry rum.

1934 Zombie Punch. Works every time. Also the Luau's Jet Pilot, which is quite similar in make-up. Lately I've been really enjoying a Mai Tai with one oz Lemon Hart 151, one oz gold Jamaican. Strong but delicious.

what's the difference btw a Luau jet pilot and a regular jet pilot?

On 2011-02-17 16:08, thePorpoise wrote:
what's the difference btw a Luau jet pilot and a regular jet pilot?

A luau jet pilot is more like a 1934 Zombie.

You know what? I'm going to light up, right here, right now, and smoke!

[ Edited by: telescopes 2011-02-17 18:18 ]

I thought a regular jet pilot was already basically a '34 zombie with more cinnamon. what did the Luau do differently?

The Luau's recipe is in Beachbum Berry's "Sippin' Safari". I'd venture to say everything in the Jet Pilot is also found in the Zombie, but the Zombie has a few more ingredients

L

I love a good old classic Mai Tai!

G

Derby daiquiri. 'nuff said. Wife goes for the planter's punch.

sorry, i was unclear. i thought the "Luau" jet pilot is "the" jet pilot. I have no idea what other version exists.

My re-creation of the Zombie is my favorite drink. 2nd favorite is TV's Queens Park Swizzle.

Pages: 1 23 replies