Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Quick trip to Palm Springs

Pages: 1 2 replies

I'll be visiting family for a few days in Palm Desert. I guess the Reef is closed at Caliente Tropics but I want to stop by and look around. I have a feeling things get going a little bit on St. Paddy's day in the old Palm Springs area so I am focused on that day. Any suggestions. How's the bus service between Palm Desert and Palm Springs?

..kind of a CRAP OUT on replies for this, eh? we were there last weekend from Gilbert AZ...the Reef is sadly no more and it looked like spring breakers at the Caliente...may need a tiki INTERVENTION soon for that plae or all may be lost...but Oceans 111 (formerly Haleiwa Joes) while not very tiki EXACTLY, was super delicious, very oceanic at least and the proximity to Boomers, go-carts and Trader Joes made it pretty great indeed.

We managed to get down to Palm Springs by bus and paid a visit to the Tropics. Like you said, no Reef but it was nice to look around. My in-laws pointed out Oceans 111 as they hauled us back to their golf course condo in Palm Desert. Re-routed straight to detention.

I'd forgotten this little guy.

[ Edited by: mrtikibar 2009-03-21 14:33 ]

Pages: 1 2 replies