Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Found tiki!

Pages: 1 16 replies

N

If you can believe it, while jogging this afternoon I stumbled upon this perfectly good tiki just lying in the gutter!

He's got a small hole carved on top of his head that will fit a tealight candle, so I'm fairly certain that's his primary purpose.

Anybody know where he came from, the carver, etc.?

TS

Cool find! Really strange to find something like that in a gutter, and found by a TC'er no less! I have no idea who the carver is, but it seems "Florida-esque" style to me...Not sure if its the accentuated lips, or the pineapple design on the forehead...I'd like to see what others think or know, too! How tall is he?

On 2009-03-14 21:44, Tom Slick wrote:
Cool find! Really strange to find something like that in a gutter, and found by a TC'er no less! I have no idea who the carver is, but it seems "Florida-esque" style to me...Not sure if its the accentuated lips, or the pineapple design on the forehead...I'd like to see what others think or know, too! How tall is he?

About a foot tall, I think? Strange find indeed, but I feel very fortunate!

Hmmm...it sounds as if this tiki was crawling to your house when you found it...

TWO

Good things come to those who....jog?

K
KuKu posted on Sun, Mar 15, 2009 8:16 AM

On 2009-03-15 07:05, Tai Won On wrote:
Good things come to those who....jog?

Or those who drink... he "stumbled upon it" Jim...

Oh! Oh! That's mine. Thanks for finding it. It must have fallen out of my bicycle basket when I was riding around... Riverside, CA... yeah that's it. It was given to me by... Morgan Fairchild!

M

WOW- it was meant to be!!
At least now he has a good, loving home.

McSwanky, here's a request: Since you are so new here, it still should be possible: There is a long-standing member of Tiki Central and of the Tiki community on this board whose moniker is Swanky, would it be possible for you to choose another screen name, to avoid confusion?

Good find! But I'd keep an eye on him for a while at least. Seems he's got a penchant for drinking too much and winding up in the gutter.

If it does not say "Mai Tiki" on it somewhere it could be a knock off. Wayne Coombs is a carver in Cocoa Beach, FL and has been making these for years. Good find! check out his stuff on http://www.maitiki.com

N

On 2009-03-15 14:31, SilverLine wrote:
Good find! But I'd keep an eye on him for a while at least. Seems he's got a penchant for drinking too much and winding up in the gutter.

Haha. My boyfriend thinks he's cursed. So far nothing bad has happened to us, though, so I think his hypothesis is bunk.

N

On 2009-03-16 08:38, AlohaStation wrote:
If it does not say "Mai Tiki" on it somewhere it could be a knock off. Wayne Coombs is a carver in Cocoa Beach, FL and has been making these for years. Good find! check out his stuff on http://www.maitiki.com

Can't find an inscription anywhere, so I think it is a knockoff. All the same, I'm thrilled with my find! Thanks for the link, though. Nice to see what might have inspired the carving.

[ Edited by: nkash001 2009-03-16 09:31 ]

Did YOU find it ......or did IT find you?!?

Muhahahahahaha, the power of the TIKI!

T

Cool find!
I found this Coconut Zipper Case at a local flea market, the guy selling it had no idea what it was or where it came from. I offered $5 Can. and he accepted. I just googled it and turns out it's a coconut purse! And sells for about $20 US
I think I'll use it somehow and hang it from the Tiki Bar. Any suggestions on other uses??

K
KuKu posted on Mon, Mar 16, 2009 5:18 PM

you put the LIME in the coconut...

T

On 2009-03-16 17:18, KuKu wrote:
you put the LIME in the coconut...

Of course! thx KuKu.

Pages: 1 16 replies