Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Martini Kings & Burlesque Sunday April 26th at Bordello!

Pages: 1 15 replies

april 26th- martini kings with burlesque
bordello
910 east 1st street, downtown l.a.
9 pm doors /10 pm show/ 10 bucks

Make video montages at www.OneTrueMedia.com

[ Edited by: martini kings 2009-04-21 05:44 ]

[ Edited by: martini kings 2009-04-21 05:48 ]

[ Edited by: martini kings 2009-05-06 06:44 ]

El Cid is so cool,
and Bordello aint bad either.
I will prob be at 1 or both.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bump

bump

The opening to Trader Vics followed by this!

who's in for the sunday night El Cid show?
I've always wanted to go there early and eat dinner,
and actually have a seat.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

TM

Looks like they have some Spanish food on the menu, but I saw Mexican/American dishes as well. Try the Spanish food!

bump for this weekend.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Will King Paris be playing??

not sure,
I've never seen him play with them.

Tony?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I might go if King Paris & his HYPNOTIC GUITAR are playing...

what if I play a nose flute,
or a butt trumpet?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

These guys are UNPROFESSIONAL. Just got back from the "9pm" show at the El Cid (the time is on their flyer and officially on this website). After driving, parking and getting to the venue to see the show and support the Martini Queens (yes I demoted them), I found out that they are not scheduled to go on until "10 or 10:30 or so" (according to the only guy at the place that knew anything). He said their "promoter would know more but he was not there yet". So, I left and will NOT support this group until they can become PROFESSIONAL and show respect for us. It's not so hard to change the time on a website. I get that things come up...but come on guys, be PROFESSIONAL.

I was planning on going tonight,
but after many hours at D-land today,
I'm beat.

as for time for the show.
Its a very common practice of venues and bands to say the show is at 9pm.
when its actually later.
they want you to come and eat, and drink, and then the show will be shortly after.

besides if you got there at 10:30 and parking was a problem,
and there was nowhere to sit.
you'd probably have bitched about that too.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

You mean a band didn't go on at the exact time the flyer said they were going to go on? If that's a problem, you would have a problem with the 300-400 or however many bands I've seen play in my life time. Everyone from Motley Crue to Etta James to Ice Cube to Dick Dale to Ministry to yes... The Martini Kings and to almost whoever else I have seen play and not start on time.

I can see that you had a bad experience since you wrote the complaint on two different posts. I'm sorry to hear that. But also understand that lots of people on here have seen them live and have probably already formed their opinion of them. They have, once again, been asked to play at Tiki Oasis this year.

I think it's pretty harsh that you bad mouth them on here. Perhaps you should have contacted them after the show and asked them about it. Maybe there is a back story? Maybe someone had a flat tire. Maybe someone wasn't feeling well. Or yes, maybe they thought going on later would be better.

hey mr maoimarcus,
so much for good tiki vibes on tiki central.
sorry dude we hit the stage at 10 pm.
it's not a neil diamond show- generally club shows run late. as far as bad wrappin us--chill out dude and have a mai tai.
tony

Pages: 1 15 replies