Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Does anyone here remember: Sip, Swig, Swill & Swallow?

Pages: 1 6 replies

I picked up a limited set of shot glasses by Shag long ago. The set came in a box with with a metallic label on top and lined with velvet and was titled: Sip, Swig, Swill & Swallow - The Four Tipsy Gods. The shot glasses were clear and etched with the image of each of the four "Gods". It was limited to 100 numbered sets and the artwork says all art 2001. I could not find these on Ooga-Mooga , nor could I find them in a search of Tiki Central. I would question my own sanity if they weren't right here in my hand. They were sold through Jesus De La Luz Gallery In Los Angeles , immediately following the time of his "Bottomless Cocktail" exhibit. (This confirms the 2001 date, however it is scary to think that was already 8 years ago). Does anyone here remember these? I'm sorry, but before anyone gets excited, mine will never be for sale. I do plan to treasure these for life.

[ Edited by: Tiki Nut 2009-03-15 23:02 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Nut 2009-03-15 23:37 ]

L

Here is a pic of them if you all havent seen them before:

Mahalo Leleliz, that is certainly them. I could not find them on a google search or anywhere. Are those your own set? I don't know why it didn't occur to me to take a picture of mine, maybe it's just late in the evening for my brain. I will try to shoot them and add to the post tomorrow. They are clear as I had described, and the color that you see in Leleliz's pic is a piece of paper they put in each with a drink recipe. Each recipe has the name of the corresponding God on the flip side, and that is what gives the illusion of them being colored. Great detective work Leleliz!

R

a set of these sold on e-bay last year for around $225.00.i tapped out at $ 150.00.
great looking set!

Hey, Mahalo Ron-tiki-
Yeah, they are very cool & they pre-date Tiki Central back when we all had to do a lot more searching to dig up these great modern "archaeological" finds! Is that an oxymoron?

On 2009-03-16 10:03, JohnnyTikiNut wrote:
...they pre-date Tiki Central ...

Well, not exactly... If you do your research you'll find that Tiki Central started as a Yahoo Group back around 1999 or 2000.

I stand corrected Hakalugi, I guess that I was merely going by when the member list showed the "Grand Wizard" Hanford as coming on board. Of course I feel that any day that we don't learn something new is a wasted day. On the other hand sometimes a wasted day isn't all that bad either. I hear it goes down best with a Mai Tai! I added some images:

Pages: 1 6 replies