Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tropics in the Tenderloin! Martiki is mixin' at Bourbon and Branch March 30th AND 31st!

Pages: 1 20 replies

M

***UPDATE:

Aloha!

Come see your old pal Martin as he shakes off the cobwebs at San Francisco's world-famous Bourbon and Branch for two nights only on Monday, March 30th AND 31st starting around 6pm. I'll be prepping a very special menu of vintage exotics for your sippin' pleasure as I take over The Library at the Branch for a night of tiki mayhem!

Don't miss it- come early. Aloha wear will be mandatory for admission!

See you soon!

Mahalo,
Martin

http://www.bourbonandbranch.com

[ Edited by: martiki 2009-03-22 17:34 ]

[ Edited by: martiki 2009-03-23 07:58 ]

Why is this event (and Ed Hamilton's next month) on a Monday, for Ku's sake? To keep people who still have jobs out?

To steal a line from Karen, Woohoo! I can't miss this! Even if it means a trek back to SF on a Monday evening after spending the previous weekend in SF. I'll see if I can drag CB@BTH too.

I guess "monday is the new friday"
It does not compete with the "Paul Crawl"
and on Mondays, there are not any dam parades to trip over
I'm there !!

Close enough to BART over, too...

C
CP posted on Mon, Mar 16, 2009 10:43 PM

*nods head

MA

Looking forward to it.

O
Otto posted on Sat, Mar 21, 2009 12:47 AM

Let's see,
Aloha wear mandatory? Check.
Ditch outta work early on a Monday? Sorry Boss, Gotta take the kids to the doctor!
Special menu by Martiki? I'm thirsty already.
Drinking in the Tenderloin? Who doesn't these days?

M

UPDATE!

We've added a 2nd night- I'll be mixing on Monday AND Tuesday March 30th and 31st from 6pm onward.

In The Library- no password required, just aloha wear!

Mahalo!

M

(for those who were hoping for a Sunday, I'm sorry, but B&B is not open regularly Sundays, so it didn't work)

On 2009-03-22 17:36, martiki wrote:
UPDATE!

We've added a 2nd night- I'll be mixing on Monday AND Tuesday March 30th and 31st from 6pm onward.

In The Library- no password required, just aloha wear!

Monday in Russell's Room and Tuesday in The Library?

M

Sorry for the confusion- both nights in the Library.

I'm gonna get in trouble for telling you guys this, but do you want to get special secret service at B&B?
You stand at the bar, call the bartender from your cell phone and order a Cosmo, then take a picture of it.
Then let the craziness begin!
But you didn't hear it from me though.

Looks like I'll be spending Monday night studying at the library. Nice, Martin.

-Weird Unc

In my best Nancy Kerrigan whine, "WHY! OHH WHYY?" Why do I live in Turlock?

M

On 2009-03-23 13:25, Unga Bunga wrote:
I'm gonna get in trouble for telling you guys this, but do you want to get special secret service at B&B?
You stand at the bar, call the bartender from your cell phone and order a Cosmo, then take a picture of it.
Then let the craziness begin!
But you didn't hear it from me though.

nice one!

I am totally bummed that I cannot make either night. I am definitely going though withdrawal...I miss the martiki mixological masterpieces!

CJ

I heard this was amazing! Let's see some pics

H

Wowzers, was that fun. A really neat & interesting crowd (Martin brought out a lot of the SF & nationwide liquor luminaries), plus of course tons of great tiki folks. The line was crazy long, but fun... it was a little like Disneyland! There was also a short or no-wait punch line (the punch, made by Martin was one of my favorite drinks of the night), but we were all there for the Full Martin Experience.

Can't wait to do it again tonight!

Well done, Martiki! Drinks were luxurious and elegant. Looking forward to your next gig (let's talk)!

-Weird Unc

M

Many thanks to everyone who came out! Wish I had more time to talk to folks, but it was great to see everyone again.

More stuff soon!

Pages: 1 20 replies