Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Help us add a little more tiki to our Vegas trip

Pages: 1 21 replies

AceyTiki and I will be in Vegas April 8th-13th for VLV. We are hoping to add in as much tiki as we can during the trip. Our first stop after checking into the hotel is Frankie's, but unfortunately we won't be there until after the time TCers meet there. If anyone is up for meeting up late on Wednesday/very early Thursday we would love to meet some of you. We will also be there Sunday night if there's any takers for that night. Who knows, we may end up there other nights, but that's all we know of so far. Even though Trader Vic's may not be at it's best we are still planning on hitting it for lunch and drinks on Thursday. We also plan on going to Sweetpea's Hooch n Smooch and the Cocktails and Cheesecake party. Not to mention all the other LVL goodies. If anyone has any other ideas of musts we should hit, please let me know. Hope to meet up with some of you in April!

S

I'm trying to get a bunch of folks together on Monday the 13th to go to Frankies in the afternoon, will you still be there?

S

I might be up for Frankie's on Wednesday after Ronny's party... Monday sounds good too, Pea :)

See you kids there!

Suzanne

Count us in on Wednesday early evening - in between the pre-parties!

And after the weekender on Monday, too, I expect.

Looking forward to seeing you all again!

Liz & Chris
Cambridge UK

S

hmmm, wednesday between, that's not alot of time, I got a big ol seattle contingent with me and if I go, everyone will want to go, and it's gonna be a pain to get everyone ready and lets just say have ya ever tried herding cats? hahahahahahaha
maybe me and suzanne can sneak away for a drinkie pooh.

S

We'll just have to do that, Pea. Liz and Chris, can't wait to see you!

:)

Suzanne

S

well, I know alot of other folks are going at this time,
soooooooo
maybe it's straight from Ronnys to the tiki bar!!!!
we'll see.
argh, I shoulda rented the dang church van.

Make sure you two gals grab my husband for dance or two... I fractured a bone or two in my foot in November and will have to take care not to overdo it this time, else I'll do more harm to it.

See you in 20 days!

S

Oh no, your poor foot! Being in Vegas and not being able to dance... how terrible! We'll make sure he dances a bit, even if he can't with you... and we'll make sure you have a few tropical cocktails! :) Can't wait to see you both!

Suzanne

I'll be out in Vegas for Viva too. Hope to see you guys out at Frankie's!

We are leaving Vegas Monday after morning check out and a late breakfast. What time are you planning on going there in the afternoon? We may be able to stop in on our way out of town. We are driving so we have some wiggle room. Where's the party on Wednesday. We won't be getting into Vegas until around 10 or 11 pm.

Here's the details of the pre-party below - it starts 9pm at the Voodoo Lounge of the Rio. The Barbwires are a great Swedish surf band.

And I can dance a little - just need to not overdo it :wink:

LIVE ON STAGE:
LUIS AND THE WILDFIRES
SANTOS
OMAR AND THE STRINGPOPPERS
THE BARBWIRES

DJs:
REB (UK/US)
JUNGLE JIM (SWEDEN)
CAVEMAN LEO

No price has been given in any of the promos I have seen...

SHOW STARTS 9:00

THE SHOW WILL BE ON THE ROOFTOP OF THE RIO HOTEL IN THE VOODOO LOUNGE.

S

I hate that the wild people never post how much it is till ya get there.
sometimes it's up to $20 and I hear the drinks there are
mucho dinero, so bring lots of cash.

My husband and I will be going to Frankies at some point during VLV. Does anyone know whether its easy to get a cab out of there at night? I dont want to be exiting Frankies in the wee hours and having to walk blocks in the dark trying to get a cab. Thanks in advance for any info.

they will call a cab for you from there at any hour.

sounds like it will be a busy week @ frankies!

S

yes indeedy!
Hoooooray!
Dang, I'll be there in a week and a half!

Thanks for the info. We are counting down the days! 8 more days until we leave!

[ Edited by: Tiki Kupcake 2009-04-01 21:29 ]

On 2009-03-24 10:08, TikiGoddess wrote:
My husband and I will be going to Frankies at some point during VLV. Does anyone know whether its easy to get a cab out of there at night? I dont want to be exiting Frankies in the wee hours and having to walk blocks in the dark trying to get a cab. Thanks in advance for any info.

AceyTiki and I will have a car while we are there. We'd be happy to give you a ride back to the Orleans if we are at Frankie's at the same time. :)

S

we are almost there!!!

S

Can't wait!

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.