Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Parrothead circle hooks for Buffett Fans

Pages: 1 8 replies

Jimmy Buffet just performed here in Waikiki, and as I have made hooks and fish carvings for him before, I got inspired and created my parrothead circle hook. I liked it so much I had it copyrighted, and I am now waiting to hear if I can get my reproductions of these sold in all the Margaritaville shops. Its not really a Tiki, but thought the Tiki folks might like to see it. I have done a few more on commission, in bone $ 100.00, and also have some repros , the double pic, available at a lower price ( $ 50.00) see http://www.louiethefish.com.
Mahalo, Louie

Before the Buffet-bashing begins I just want to say Nice Work!

• fm
S
squid posted on Wed, Mar 18, 2009 5:13 PM

Second that. Although I despise...oh never mind....

L

Nice work.

Regardless of what stores they are for it is always nice to make a profit out of something you are passionate about-especially if its something that you create by hand.

I hope they pick them up for sale and look forward to seeing any new hook carvings you may come up with.

O

OK, In all fairness, it is nice work. As to being fans of Jimmy B, except for Wildsville Man, you won't find many here I'm afraid my friend!

Know your audience.

You may want to try marketing these to Enchanted Tiki Room fans.

W

I think I want one to wear to Tiki gatherings just so I can bask in the glow of flaring eyes.

(It is a clever design and I don't particularly like hooks or parrots...Yet I like hookers dressed as pirates. Funny, huh?)

K
KuKu posted on Wed, Mar 18, 2009 6:53 PM

Are you suppost to try to catch birds with those...?!?

Glad I am not the only Buffett fan here. He's not tiki, in my opinion, but I love him! Carefree, fun, beachy...not tiki, but complimentary to tiki, at least for me. Plus, he's a Mobile boy, too!

Pages: 1 8 replies