Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Sat. March 21st 9pm: Lushy & Johnny Astro @ The Skylark, Seattle

Pages: 1 6 replies

Seattle's two biggest Neo-Lounge Kingpins, Lushy and Johnny Astro, are performing a FREE SHOW at West Seattle's The Skylark, located at 3803 Delridge Way SW, just off the West Seattle Bridge on the Delridge Exit.

During my Lounge Heyday in the mid to late 1990s I hired and even sat in with Johnny Astro, and Mark Bombara and his crew of top notch musicians really have a terrific instrumental surf-lounge sound. 'Course, that was some time ago, but the 'sound' remains, as well as has progressed a bit, too. Johnny Astro rarely makes live public appearances these days, and this appearance may have something to do with a new EP appearing soon, so I'm looking forward greatly to seeing and hearing them again. I think you'll enjoy them, too! Recommended listening. http://www.myspace.com/johnnyastromusic

On the Lushy front new original material has been added to the playlist, a good deal of it very dance-oriented, some vocal, some instrumental, almost circa late 1970s/early New Wave 1980s-sounding. I've played percussion for Lushy's live sets for about 5 years now, and have seen a few changes of personnel, and recently I've had the pleasure to be coupled with the rhythmic talents of Lushy's original percussionist, Brad Chodos Irvine, who plays on the Lushy recordings, and whom some of you may have seen performing live, as well. This combination of ping-pong poly-rhythmic percussive styles attributing to the talents of Andy Sodt, Annabella Kirby, and Matt Nims is not to be missed!

[ Edited by: DJ Terence Gunn 2009-03-19 07:22 ]

I'd be there if I lived in that area.
good luck with the show.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

S

gonna try to make it down for a set...

I'll be torn between my swanky (Lushy @ Skylark which is near by) honkytonk self (Rainieros @ Shanty) or my I just wanna go home and sleep self (me @ my bedroom).

you have a bedroom?

On 2009-03-19 22:05, woofmutt wrote:
I'll be torn between my swanky (Lushy @ Skylark which is near by) honkytonk self (Rainieros @ Shanty) or my I just wanna go home and sleep self (me @ my bedroom).

Well, on the off chance you do show up, woofmutt, we'll try to accomodate you by reserving the elevated V.I.P. Doghouse with comfy bed, bowl of PBR, and Andy's Diner steak-flavoured nylo-bone, with the addition of an extended, flexible leash for your booty-shakin' prerogative:)

W

Uh, that leash thing was just a phase. And you said what happened at Club du C_____ M_____ à la F_____ stayed at Club du C_____ M_____ à la F_____.

Pages: 1 6 replies